atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CPOChris Inter - tel Axxess ring over page - 05/12/14 06:37 PM
Hey guys. I inherited an old Inter-tel axxess system and customer wants to enable ring over page. I have viking pi-1 units in place between The paging zones and speakers. Is there a program code to make or ring over page or do I need a separate adapter?
Posted By: DND ON Re: Inter - tel Axxess ring over page - 05/12/14 10:59 PM
There is no ring over page on this system; you'll need an adapter.
Posted By: CPOChris Re: Inter - tel Axxess ring over page - 05/12/14 11:21 PM
Okay what type of adapter and the other units do not control that right? I figured I would need to plug the line into the adapter then to the phone system.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Inter - tel Axxess ring over page - 05/12/14 11:59 PM
There are two ways to do this. Use an analog station port or wire the speaker leads of a digital keyset, either station would need to be a member of the ring-in hunt group.

The adapter would depend on which method used, and the existing paging equipment.
DND is right. Burn a basic digital phone. Wire the speaker leads of the phone to the music input of the pi-1. Program the phone to ring in what ever hunt group you are ringing for ring over page.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Inter - tel Axxess ring over page - 05/13/14 07:33 PM
I've done paging via a spare line port + University Sound TM2 on my own system but never ringing. Interesting.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Inter - tel Axxess ring over page - 05/13/14 11:34 PM
I had one with an analog port that was a member of an ACD hunt group, not my design but I had to live with it. Every once in a while, it would get logged out of the hunt group and I would have to go on site and use a butt set to log it back in.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help