atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: carriehoff Phantom Extension not in Directory - 02/05/07 11:14 AM
Hi all,

I created a phantom extension with an extension ID in Axxess v9. The purpose of this phantom was to forward a call to the cellphone of a user who is not typically in the office. There is no mailbox associated with the phantom extension, therefore, that user is not listed in the directory.
I tried to create an associated mailbox, but the phantom name will not appear in the list of items to choose from.
So, I tried to create a non-associated mailbox, but when I assign it the same number as the phantom extension #, it says there is a conflict.
Do I need to delete the extension ID before I can create an associated mailbox?
The mailbox will actually probably never collect voicemail, because the calls are forwarded to a cell, but I do want that user listed in the directory, and I think that's the only way to do it.
Am I right?

Thanks,
Carrie
Posted By: SoCalJake Re: Phantom Extension not in Directory - 02/05/07 02:28 PM
Yes, extension ID's must be deleted before associated mailboxes can be created.
Posted By: carriehoff Re: Phantom Extension not in Directory - 02/06/07 08:57 AM
Thank you, I was able to create the mialbox after deleting the extension ID. I'm guessing the mailbox will also have to be initialized in order for that person's name to be listed in the directory, right?

Carrie
Posted By: RCA Re: Phantom Extension not in Directory - 02/06/07 09:04 AM
Yes just go in to the mailbox and record the persons name.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help