atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: carriehoff Incoming Calls - 02/06/07 08:28 AM
Hi all,

We have a new Inter-tel system programming seems to be similar to Axxess Session Manager - maybe newer version that v9.
I was wondering about incoming calls. Our installer setup a hunt group and listed certain phones as members to route incoming calls correctly. I understand how that works.
The hunt group number is 2000. How does the system know that the hunt group 2000 is for all incoming calls? Is there another setting somewhere that indicates this?
Also, what setting ensures that any phone can pickup an incoming call (our system is configured with the individual line numbers as feature buttons) by just pressing the line button. Some users have told me they are unable to pick it up from any other phone than the ones in the hunt group.

Thanks,
Carrie
Posted By: RCA Re: Incoming Calls - 02/06/07 07:11 PM
Calls come in to the "CO Trunk Groups". 9201 is usually the first group. In that group you will see Day/Night ring in, basically it all starts from there. Where it goes next depends on the type of lines you have and or if your using STAR applications.

"""Also, what setting ensures that any phone can pickup an incoming call (our system is configured with the individual line numbers as feature buttons) by just pressing the line button. Some users have told me they are unable to pick it up from any other phone than the ones in the hunt group."""

To properly answer this i need to see how your system is set up. For the people that cant pick up the ringing call, have them dial 4 then the extension number that is ringing. This will pull the call to their phone.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help