atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jmarte Need some programming guidance! - 02/12/07 01:48 PM
Hi everyone! I have a question on programming. We have an AXXESS 9.1 and I wanted to set up a special line for a special event. I want the line to ring about 4 times and go to VM if nobody answers. I don't want this line to be tied directly to any existing keysets. Once it is set up I am going to have it ring at an existing extension as a secondary extension.

I can program everything else but I do not know how to make a line that will ring 4 times before going to VM that is not associated with a keyset.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!
Posted By: RCA Re: Need some programming guidance! - 02/12/07 08:16 PM
Im trying to figure out your meaning of line. Are you trying to set up a number, that someone could dial from the outside, that would ring say a phone or group of phones?

We need more info. What type of lines do you have from telco, T1 PRI, DID, Loop Start, all the above, some of the above? What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this line? You said you dont want this line to be tied to an extension directly, so what type of phone will you be using to answer this line, digital set or an anolog set?
Posted By: jmarte Re: Need some programming guidance! - 02/13/07 06:13 AM
Sorry for the confusion, especially since I am new with this system and don't know all of the tech terms. We have DIDs, a T1 PRI. Our phones are the digital 8520s. Here is what I am trying to accomplish. We have a DID designated for ticketing. When someone calls this DID, I want it to ring on someone else's extension as a secondary extension. If they do not answer it, then I want it to go voicemail. The important factor is that it is a separate line and the secondary extension needs to be able to differentiate between her regular calls and the ticketing calls. I also need to make sure that the ticketing messages go into a separate mailbox and don't go to hers. I know how to program most of this stuff I mentioned above, but I don't know how to make an extension that is not assocated with a physical keyset. I can make DIDs that go directly to a non associated mailbox, which is what I am trying to accomplish here. The only difference is that I want it to ring several times and I want another extension to be set up as a secondary extension to give the person a chance to catch the call before going to VM
Posted By: RCA Re: Need some programming guidance! - 02/13/07 07:54 PM
One way to do this is route that DID to a Hunt group. Assign the phone or phones as members of this Hunt Group. Label the HG so the user can see this on their screen. The 'Recall' of this Hunt Group is going to be a CRA that goes to a Voicemail box. This will probably be the easiest way to do what you want. Yes there are other ways.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help