atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: City42 Email Notification and forwarding - 04/13/07 10:58 AM
Can I have more than one address in the "E-mail address for voice messages" field in someones mailbox? This sounds like "can I have one mailbox light mutiple mwi's?", so I'm thinking no. Would I be able to do this through Outlook itself?
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Email Notification and forwarding - 04/13/07 02:56 PM
I'll assume for the time being you're asking this question in reference to an Axxess. If not, let us know.

If I understand your question correctly, your goal is to have the Level I UM .wav attachment containing a voicemail message go to more than one email address, such as copying a supervisor. This can be effected through Outlook by having a Message Rule take any message from the vismail system and forward a copy to the supervisor, but it's bulky and if your goal is redundancy you'll be out of luck if the weak link is a failure in the first computer.

The way we handle that is by setting up a mailing list or group in the outgoing mailserver. For instance if I need messages from Ext. 1010 to go to three different addresses, we set up a group email address such as [email protected]. The mailserver then takes any email that is received for that address and distributes a copy to each of the three boxes.

If you need to make the system software itself mail to more than one address, let us know what system and version you're using.
Posted By: City42 Re: Email Notification and forwarding - 04/16/07 06:10 AM
It's an EVMC and it's 8.2.
Posted By: jmarc Re: Email Notification and forwarding - 04/16/07 12:25 PM
the EVMC does not have unified messaging capability. Only the NT VM, VPU or enterprise messaging has that capability.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help