atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Chief_Les Encore Courtesy Service - 05/31/07 02:44 PM
I am fairly new to the Encore CX phone system. To this point have had the opportunity to install a grant total of 4 systems. I can't say I'm greatly impressed with the documentation I get with the system, nor the programming software. It seems like some of the information is the type that must be interpreted by reading between the lines. In any case, I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough. Now, on to my question: When a caller calls in to the system and the call is not answered, it's answered by the Courtesy Service and the phones continue to ring while the caller hears the customized message. My question is, is there any way that a caller can transfer out of the Courtesy Service to the Simple Directory if its been enabled. Let me know if anyone is aware.

Thanks
Posted By: Dr. Dialtone Re: Encore Courtesy Service - 06/10/07 01:04 AM
No.

The EncoreCX's (and it's predecessor the Encore 818's or "Encore Fiasco" as my company affectionately refers to it) Courtesy Service feature is designed simply to allow incoming calls to be answered after a given period of time ringing and greeted with an announcement requesting the caller please hold for assistance by a live person.

This feature is typically used in leiu of the Automated Attendant feature of the Voice Messaging Module which is not required for use of the Courtesy Service feature. However, the "canned" Courtesy Service greeting may be customized if you have a Voice Messaging Module installed.

Good luck!
Posted By: Chief_Les Re: Encore Courtesy Service - 06/11/07 12:56 PM
Thanks for the input. That's what I suspected but couldn't find any proof of it anywhere. Just as a side note, my company is developing it's own terminology for the Encore system. However, I don't know that it's proper to use on this site. Thanks again.
Posted By: Dr. Dialtone Re: Encore Courtesy Service - 06/11/07 11:36 PM
:rofl:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help