atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: leapg0rf Headset connect tone - 07/26/07 10:14 AM
Need help with a problem. Adding a zip tone to an agents phone. She wants calls to ring in without having to answer each and every call. I thought this was very simple thing. Change the "headset connect tone" flag on that phone and I would be done.

Done not seem to work. I am missing something?

Leapg0rf
Posted By: bullcube Re: Headset connect tone - 07/26/07 11:55 AM
It might help if you could clarify just a bit.
What happens when the second call comes in?
What do you want to happen?
Posted By: leapg0rf Re: Headset connect tone - 07/26/07 12:03 PM
I re-read it and it does seem to be bit unclear. Let me try again. The agent wants to answer the calls without pressing the line button each time. I have seen in other system something called a "zip tone" that beeps in there ear a the agent and call is right behind the beep. This way the agent can keep taking calls, one after the another, with pressing the line button each time. Old time operator used this feature alot. I found the flag called "headset connect tone" that look like this feature. I can't seem to get it to work.

Leapg0rf
Posted By: bullcube Re: Headset connect tone - 07/27/07 05:11 AM
Originally posted by leapg0rf:
The agent wants to answer the calls without pressing the line button each time.
Which button does the agent want to press?
Generally, if headset mode is enabled you just press the spkr button to answer. Is that how it's set up or does she have a headset with the handset lifter?
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: Headset connect tone - 07/27/07 08:04 AM
If you create an ACD hunt group using agent ID's and have the user log into the group w/ an agent ID, then you can config the agent ID to use a feature called 'Auto Connect'. It is a flag located under System\Hunt-Group Related Information\Agent ID\Specific Agent ID. Calls can then be sent to this hunt group and you will get the feature you desire. When she leaves her desk, she must log out of the group or enter DND or the next call will connect to her headset.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help