atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dhostetter DID to ring multiple outside #'s - 08/13/07 07:09 AM
Hi, I'm trying to set up a DID which will simultaneously ring a group of internal extensions and outside #'s (mobile phones). The caller to the DID would be connected to whichever party answers first.

I read (and tested) that a hunt group cannot be used to initiate outbound external calls. So I tried to do this as follows:

- Create phantoms which are call forwarded to the mobile #'s. Each phantom works as expected.

- Assign a DID in a routing table to one of the phantoms to test. Works as expected so you can use a DID to reach an outside # through a phantom.

-Create a station extension list including the desired phantom extensions and real stations.

- Assign the extension list to a DID in a routing table. This can be so configured but calls to the DID don't ring through the phantoms to the outside #'s. Only the internal real stations ring.

Have I discovered that station extension lists can't be used to initiate outbound calls?

Is there some other way to get this to work?

I also own but have never used a desktop universal call router server. Can it be used to accomplish this?

I have asked Inter-Tel through my sales engineer but they don't know how this can be done.

The application BTW is to provide a single number to our burglar alarm monitoring service so that they don't have to call down a lengthy call list but can make one call and reach the first person available.
Posted By: Chris_Carlyle Re: DID to ring multiple outside #'s - 08/13/07 08:19 AM
What you are trying to do cannot be done. I had a customer request the same scenario and unfortunately there is now way to include an outside number as a hunt group member phantom/real port with forwards. Could you use VoIP endpoints in peoples homes to accomplish the desired function?
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: DID to ring multiple outside #'s - 08/13/07 08:43 AM
The Inter-Tel PBX cannot accomplsh this on it's own. I can make Intelligent Router send a call to outside fone numbers one-by-one, but I can't ring multiple outside numbers at the same time. I certainly can't ring multiple outside AND inside numbers at the same time.

That being said, the Inter-Tel 7000 uses SIP and SIP allows an extension to perform a 'Call Forking' feature that sends calls to multiple locations at the same time, inside or outside, doesn't matter. Probably doesn't help you, but I mention it as that info could be useful in the future...
Posted By: dhostetter Re: DID to ring multiple outside #'s - 08/13/07 11:20 AM
Thank you both for the responses. That is kind of dissapointing. Probably there is some technical design reason why this can't be accomplished that I can't understand.
Posted By: RCA Re: DID to ring multiple outside #'s - 08/13/07 10:03 PM
I dont know of any system that can do this. Maybe there is third party equipment you could buy.
Posted By: Chris_Carlyle Re: DID to ring multiple outside #'s - 08/14/07 09:07 AM
superfoneguy is on it, IT7K or Intelligent Router are your possibilities. I agree with RCA, I am not aware of any system that does that.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help