atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Josh Brown Voicemail Administrator - 08/27/07 10:24 AM
We purchased a Inter-tel Axxess system from a company that was going out of business. I have never administered one before and have a question.

The voicemail is still setup with the old company's mailboxes and passwords, is it possible to reset the whole voicemail system? I do not have the administrator's password, and I know that passwords are not allowed to be given out. Can someone point me in the right direction?

We have software version 8.1 and I have not been able to console into the CPU yet because I do not have a cable (getting one). When I get that, will I be able to rest it all from there or will I still need the admin password?

Thanks.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Voicemail Administrator - 08/27/07 01:28 PM
You've got to have the password. You should have received software (DB Programming) with the system. You will be able to administer almost everything with it. You should be able to use an ethernet connection.
Posted By: Josh Brown Re: Voicemail Administrator - 08/28/07 02:58 AM
I have the DB Programming software, but will I still need a password with it?
Posted By: Drew_Ryan Re: Voicemail Administrator - 08/28/07 09:58 AM
You can just default the database and start from scratch. You will then not be prompted for any passwords.
Posted By: RCA Re: Voicemail Administrator - 08/28/07 07:25 PM
The voicemail is still setup with the old company's mailboxes and passwords, is it possible to reset the whole voicemail system? I do not have the administrator's password,

You dont need the Voicemail Admin password to reset the mailbox passwords if your using the DB Programming tool. You will need the Admin password if you are going to change mailbox passwords through the Admin mailbox. Yes you can reset the whole Voicemail but I recommend you get help with that.

We have software version 8.1 and I have not been able to console into the CPU yet because I do not have a cable (getting one). When I get that, will I be able to rest it all from there or will I still need the admin password?

Yes you can reset everything from the DB Program tool providing there isnt a password to keep you out.
Posted By: Josh Brown Re: Voicemail Administrator - 09/06/07 06:42 AM
There is an administrator password. Do I need to call a technician to come and reset the system or is there a way I can do it myself?
Posted By: RCA Re: Voicemail Administrator - 09/06/07 07:57 PM
There is an administrator password
And your getting this when you try and log into the system with the DB Programming software? If yes, then yes you will need to contact a dealer to get you in.

If you feel like re-programming your entire system then you can do as Drew_Ryan posted. The steps to do that are NOT going to be posted in this forum.

Do I need to call a technician to come and reset the system or is there a way I can do it myself?
If your certified on the system then you should have no problem calling Inter-Tel Tech support for help on resetting the password.
Posted By: Josh Brown Re: Voicemail Administrator - 09/12/07 04:05 AM
Thanks to all. A local technician helped me get into the voicemail and programming interface. I appreciate the help.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help