atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PCHD DSS Buttons - 08/31/07 05:15 AM
Running on 9.1.
We have a DSS that we just recently installed. When I went to assign the buttons, all of them worked as programmed except for the first one. This was assigned to a hunt group. But when a call somes in and the operator tries to transfer the call by pressing the button and waiting for the ring, she gets nothing. I tried assigning the hunt group to a different button on the DSS, but it still did not work.
Any ideas?
Posted By: RCA Re: DSS Buttons - 08/31/07 08:02 PM
she gets nothing

Does the phone just hang, get an error tone, disconnect? What does the screen show?

What happens if you just press the button without a call waiting for tranfer?

Is this an existing working hunt group with members in it?
Posted By: PCHD Re: DSS Buttons - 09/04/07 07:24 AM
I spoke with the operator using this DSS and here is what she told me.
If a call comes in and she presses the button, absolutely nothing happens. No tone, no disconnect, no nothing. She said it is as though she does nothing.
However, if she is off the phone and just presses the button as though she is just calling the extension herself, it will ring and connect.
Strange, no?
We are also going to try assigning the extension to a known working button and see what happens.
Posted By: BridgeClip Re: DSS Buttons - 09/04/07 05:57 PM
When she gets nothing is she attempting a transfer to the huntgrp? On a transfer to a huntgrp I believe it is not complete until the transfering party hangs up. When she calls and gets through, then she is the initiating caller.

What does her display say?
Posted By: BridgeClip Re: DSS Buttons - 09/04/07 05:57 PM
Is this a 50 button or a 16 button DSS? Shouldn't matter...Just curious.
Posted By: PCHD Re: DSS Buttons - 09/05/07 08:02 AM
50 button.
Posted By: PCHD Re: DSS Buttons - 09/05/07 08:10 AM
I spoke with the operator. Here is the additional information.
We have thirty plus buttons assigned, all of them hunt groups or single extensions.
We only have two hunt group buttons that do not work. Everytime the operator tries to transfer to these two HGs, she does exactly what she does with the others, with the exception that they don't work. Nothing is displayed on the phone.
I have tried moving the HGs to different buttons with no resolution, so it is not the button. It has to be somethng in programming.
If the operator punches the transfer button and then enters in the HGs number, it will transfer.
Any further ideas on this?
Posted By: BridgeClip Re: DSS Buttons - 09/05/07 09:19 PM
Have you tried putting the DSS button on the phone. Use one of the station programable keys and program that hunt grp on one of the buttons and try that. 397 is the feature code. This shouldn't make a difference. What are the two hunt grp numbers that are not working and how many members are in each. Sounds like a weird problem.

Hang in there
Posted By: BridgeClip Re: DSS Buttons - 09/05/07 09:30 PM
In the huntgrp check the "Audio for calls ringing this device" make sure it is set at ringback.
Also in the key map is it programmed as a Huntgrp Key or a DSS Key?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help