atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ggirl4478 PRI forwarding question - 09/06/07 08:41 AM
Hello,

I have an interesting question. I am trying to forward one number in a PRI to an outside number. I would like to ideally create it so that the user could press a button and perform the forward and unforward as they wish. I know that there is an option to dial a trunk access number and enter the desired phone number, but here's the kicker. I do not want to forward all the calls, just the ones that go to a certain number. I was thinking of something along the lines of a phantom extension forwarded to the number, but wasn't sure if that was the best way. Suggestions?

Thanks
Posted By: Chris_Carlyle Re: PRI forwarding question - 09/06/07 08:48 AM
So you want the forward to be activated and deactivated by the user at will
AND
When active you only want it to apply when that phone is called from a specific outside number (ANI/CID)
Is that correct?
Posted By: dfleschute Re: PRI forwarding question - 09/06/07 11:41 AM
Point your DID to the actual extension of the person. Create a phantom device and forward it to the outside number you wish. Create a Call Routing Application. Give choices to call the mobile or leave a voicemail. If they choose the mobile, have it go to the phantom. If they choose the voicemail, have it go to the person's mailbox. When this person wants the calls forwarded, they activate FWD on their phone. This would affect all calls going to that extension.

Or, point the DID to the phantom device and allow the user to program the forwarding (cell phone or extension) by remoting into the phantom device (359).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help