atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: philodendrin Outbound Caller ID - 02/03/16 09:39 PM
I manage an office with an Intertel Axxess 5.3 PBX with PRI. We're getting some odd reports from clients that our number shows up with the name "Lucifer" when we call them. Obviously, this is not ideal.

But, I don't know that we can really do much about it. To my knowledge the name part of the CID info. isn't passed by the PBX, it's passed by the carrier. We checked with our carrier and they claim that the "LIDB" on their side shows the correct info. So, I have to assume that it's the carrier of the party we're calling that has it wrong.

I tested to a Comcast residential line and it also reported incorrectly, showing a person's name that hasn't existed in the company for over 15 years.

How do I go about correcting this? Is it even possible?
Posted By: DND ON Re: Outbound Caller ID - 02/04/16 12:42 AM
Good luck. The cable companies absolutely don't care about customer service, and since you're not their customer they care even less.

Other than making sure your carrier has the correct info, there's not much you can do.

After fighting with Cox and Comcast for months, we actually changed the phone number at one of our sites. It was the only way we could get them to update their database.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help