atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Navyguy Handset not working - 10/30/07 11:29 AM
Hi there I'm writing for more of that inter-tul master knowledge. I have 1 phone on a card of 12 phones that it does not know if you pick up the handset. It will ring, you can call out if you use handsfree or speakerphone, but you can't get a dial tone for "inhouse" extentions. I've switched phones and same thing. Any thought will help as always. Thanks in advnace.

Chris
Posted By: SayWhat Re: Handset not working - 10/30/07 12:11 PM
In programming the phone is most likely set as a house phone to automatically grab CO dial tone. If you have access to that it is in the main page of the extension having the problem.
Posted By: Navyguy Re: Handset not working - 10/31/07 08:28 AM
The phone is not a house phone. It was working fine and then just started acting up. All the programming looks exact to any other working phone. It is more like the phone does not know when you left up the reciver. So if it does not know that you pikced up the handset then it gives no dial tone. But it is NOT the phone becuase I does the same thing on any phone I hook up to the line. Could that be a bad wire in the run somewhere that may be disconnected or short?
Posted By: Navyguy Re: Handset not working - 10/31/07 08:29 AM
The phone is not a house phone. It was working fine and then just started acting up. All the programming looks exact to any other working phone. It is more like the phone does not know when you left up the reciver. So if it does not know that you pikced up the handset then it gives no dial tone. But it is NOT the phone becuase I does the same thing on any phone I hook up to the line. Could that be a bad wire in the run somewhere that may be disconnected or short?
Posted By: Navyguy Re: Handset not working - 10/31/07 08:32 AM
Posted By: Bob the phone guy Re: Handset not working - 10/31/07 09:45 AM
If you can easily change that phone to another extension port, try that... if the problem goes away, you have a bad port on the card...

**** Only do this if you are absolutely sure of what you are doing, or you could cause more harm. ****
Posted By: paul144 Re: Handset not working - 10/31/07 10:10 AM
If the trouble does not go away (problem follows the phone), you have a phone with a bad hookswitch, a common problem on older versions of the 550.XXXX model phones.
In fact, if it is a 550.XXXX (or 520.XXXX) I can almost guarantee that you have a bad hookswitch...
Send it out to be repaired.
Posted By: RCA Re: Handset not working - 10/31/07 12:37 PM
Heres my wild guess. Maybe the phone is in headset mode, try 317.
Posted By: Navyguy Re: Handset not working - 11/02/07 06:32 AM
Just to let you all know it was the headset mode. I didn't even think or know about that. Thanks so much. Everytime I post I always learn something new. Thanks very much again!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help