atcomsystems.ca/forum
We have an account with an Axxess 64 and EVMC version 9.115. When they check messages internally, no problems. However, when they try to retrieve messages from an assigned-to-VM DID by * +ext, many times the messages cut off about half way.

The whole message is still there though. We know this because the message in full can be retrieved internally OR if you call into the DID and press 3 to skip past the point where the message would normally stop, the message continues.

Odd stuff.
Got me on that one. That will probably be a tech support call. I have seen messages act strangely due to DB corruption but nothing like that.
We've had to replace several EVMC's do to this same issue. Call tech support and get an RMA would be my suggestion.
Well, it is out of warranty, so I guess we should just replace with a new hard drive and copy over the /db folder.
I've had a similar issue, although these were calls from a cell phone to the VM and not as common as the "many times" you are experiencing and the messages were not "cut-off" but stopped with the VM prompting to save, replay, etc.

This was corrected by adjusting the DTMF Detection Information within the Voice Processor settings.

In a sense the Voicemail was picking up frequencies or tones that it processed as the caller dialing digits.

I would look at the voicemail logs before I went through the replacement process.
Yup, set up a monitor on that EVMC so you see the Avdap activity scroll by. Make yer test calls and see if the voicemail 'thinks' it sees a DTMF input when there wasn't any. That is called Talk-Off and can be mitigated by adjusting the DTMF Twist settings in the voicemail programming section of DB Studio. DTMF detection is different for internal versus external calls, so quite often outside callers will get talk-off when internal calls do not.
i could see talk off as being the culprit here but he should get some audio feedback from the inter-tel girl if it thought it heard a dtmf digit, not silence.
I have to agree that if it were talk-off there should be some 'action' but remember nothing is happening when people are leaving messages. Messages just 'end' prematurely when people are checking them from the outside for an analog DID.

Maybe the twist-silence timer?

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Sorry, I meant twist-idle timer.
If it were talk off, when listening to the messsage, if the system mistook some audio as dtmf, the only options are 1 to replay, 2 to reply, 3 to forward, 5 for envelope, 7 to save and 9 to delete. Any other DTMF would reply with "Im sorry N is not a valid option"
Run a repair/defrag utility on the hard drive and so far the problem has not returned.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help