atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: carriehoff Two user to one phone - 01/03/08 08:14 AM
Hi all.
Again with the 2 users to one phone ordeal.
Everything seems to be working correctly, but if both users happen to be present at the same time, how can they distinguish between the calls?
It seems that if the call is transferred from another extension, it says where it is transferred from, not what extension it is being transferred to.
Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Carrie
Posted By: Chris_Carlyle Re: Two user to one phone - 01/03/08 08:28 AM
If you are using the fwd'd phantoms, it should show FWD from [phantom username].
Posted By: carriehoff Re: Two user to one phone - 01/03/08 09:11 AM
Thanks for the reply. By the way, it is the Inter-tel 5000 system.
No, I am using a hunt group, is there no other way to differentiate the calls? Most if not all of the programming features seem to be relative to the endpoint (i.e. ring type, dnd, etc.)
If there is no other way and I have to use a phantom, will I have to delete and re-add the mailbox again?
And is there supposed to be some sort of toggle for voicemail (now that this endpoint has 2 voicemail boxes associated with it?)

Carrie
Posted By: Chris_Carlyle Re: Two user to one phone - 01/03/08 12:25 PM
No you wont have to delete and re-add, when you delete the device, the mailbox should auto de-associate if that is even a real term. When you create the phantom, it will prompt you to associate the existing mailbox.
To distinguish which MB has a msg, press the flashing MSG key, and watch the display. Assuming the idle LCD shows 3 Messages; pressing the MSG key will show 1 msg from MB212; press the msg key again and it would show 2 msg from MB 112. When the LCD displays the MB you want to check, press the # key or lift the handset to return the call to vm and enter the proper password when prompted.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help