atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MarvinACE Voice Attendant Missing - 02/22/17 05:12 PM
Hello! Our voice attendant for Day Ring keeps disappearing. We re-record, after a few minutes it disappears. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Posted By: MarvinACE Re: Voice Attendant Missing - 02/23/17 03:48 PM
We are currently using an Inter-tel 5000- which is probably a 20 yr old phone system. I looked at the audiotex issues within the forum and it suggest to rebuild the db. A bit lost here and as far as the phone system goes, it is still functional and company would like to keep it as long as its running - any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Voice Attendant Missing - 02/23/17 08:57 PM
Not quite 20 years, the platform is only 12 years old and is still supported.

I've not encountered the problem you describe. Sound like it's time to engage the vendor to review system logs.
Posted By: MarvinACE Re: Voice Attendant Missing - 02/24/17 12:55 AM
DND ON - We did. Found a tech from Thumbtack - we got a bad voice module. also re-programmed the hunt group manually. Parts are coming in a few days and will be reprogrammed.
Posted By: MarvinACE Re: Voice Attendant Missing - 02/27/17 08:27 PM
Update: We are canceling on the repair and will be using the BVM - How do you revert back from EM to BVM? Got the USB key and CF Card already installed.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Voice Attendant Missing - 02/27/17 09:12 PM
Assuming you have the proper license, go to Operations / Voice Processor / Enable BVM.
Posted By: MarvinACE Re: Voice Attendant Missing - 03/02/17 10:20 PM
I have completely no clue of what happened to our license. honest! I figured that the USB Keys were the license but it does not seem to be that way. Right now we are stuck, what was once a EM is now a paperweight. Still deciding if i need to get real support which probably going to cost an arm and a leg.

All i hear from couple of techs we spoke of, is that the HD is going bad, the module needs to be replaced. You can tell if they just dont want to work on it and just start fresh. Not a bad thing, but we feel that this unit still has life in it. Just need an expert, cause I know I am not.
Posted By: donriley Re: Voice Attendant Missing - 04/24/17 08:12 AM
@MarvinACE, I think you are right. You need professional help to resolve the issue.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Voice Attendant Missing - 04/25/17 05:31 PM
Marvin, I missed your latest post. If you haven't already done so, click on Software License on the main menu to see if BVM is licensed.

If it is licensed, just enable BVM. Your programming will be intact, but you'll need to record new greetings (since the existing greetings are on the EM hard drive).

If BVM is not licensed, an authorized Mitel dealer will have to add BVM to the existing file and download it from Mitel. There is a process for transferring the license to a new dealer if the original installer is no longer in the picture.

I've retired all my EMs; this is a pretty simple process, other than the time it takes to record new greetings.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help