atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Carmac "Best" Backup Procedure? - 03/26/08 08:07 AM
How much of a backup do I need to reconstuct our messages and services when the current VMP fails?

A full NT backup, or just the Intertel Directory, or other?

Assumption: the VMP System fails outright, and new hardware (VMP) needs to be placed.

We have years of saved messages, and the last time we lost them all I almost got fired.

:confused:
Posted By: softail200 Re: "Best" Backup Procedure? - 03/26/08 09:16 AM
the easiest way is to save the avdap folder to your network this will save all recordings as far as everything else a simple db backup is all you need
Posted By: Carmac Re: "Best" Backup Procedure? - 03/26/08 09:31 AM
Thanks, but this version doesn't seem to have the older AVDAP directory.

Apparently "C:\Intertel" is now (on this system, anyway) the replacement. That's where the current messages, et. al., seem to be.

But that also seems to mean that getting THAT directory will serve the same purpose.

;-<)}
Posted By: softail200 Re: "Best" Backup Procedure? - 03/26/08 12:30 PM
what kind of voice mail is it?? a em or vpu
Posted By: Carmac Re: "Best" Backup Procedure? - 03/26/08 02:40 PM
The Installers call it a "VMP" - I guess Voice Mail Processor. We haven't been formally introduced, I was just told to take care of it.

Most of the startup items are prefixed "EM_something", so I suspect an "EM" type, though we don't yet use much more than voicemail and prompts for apps and such.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: "Best" Backup Procedure? - 03/26/08 06:07 PM
Carmac:

Check this out. :toast:

https://www.mainresource.com/SetUpAxxessoryTalkVMSave1.htm
Posted By: softail200 Re: "Best" Backup Procedure? - 03/26/08 07:29 PM
voice mail types are (vpu) older voice processing unit, and (em) is enterprise messenging new voice mail i believe you have a em the directions from the post above are for the vpu if you are unsure you should have your vendor do a backup and see if he will show you how
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help