atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Best Comm Inter-Tel 3000 External page not working - 02/26/18 10:06 PM
One external Valcom 1030C speaker connected to PA extension/ Found defective speaker. Replaced with same model but when I page I hear ring tones instead of voice over speaker. Tried moving PA to a different extension port but trouble followed it. Did a cold restart and re-programmed system but problem remains. Changed Valcom power supply and completely rewired speaker from KSU and power supply to speaker. Polarity is correct on T&R and power. Tried reversing polarity for kicks but trouble remains. I'm thinking a bad KSU. Any suggestions?
HI! Did u Select PA Equiped under PA Amplifier In programming ?? and assign the Extention connected to the PA??
Yep. Also tried assigning PA to several different ports on two different cartridges with same result.
I would connect your test (Butt)set on output of the KSU page port , do a page listen to here the voice announcement , it will be low volume,, if you don't hear the page then likely it is an issue with the the system ,,is this 1 amplified horn or several ?? Is there a separate paging amplifier ??
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help