atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ZzHitman Problem with analog card - 07/10/08 08:32 AM
I have a inter-tel axxess system. I installed a SLC 8 port analog card. The card seems to work fine with one exception. I can not make it ring. I have it pointed to the correct extension when the phone rings the voltage on the line changes, if I pick the phone up the call is active but it just will not give an audible ring tone. The reason I am having an issue is that I am trying to connect faxes and they will not answer because they hear no ring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Bret
Posted By: Chris_Carlyle Re: Problem with analog card - 07/10/08 09:21 AM
Make sure that extended ring cadence is turned on under station flags. If it is and still no ring you could be exceeding the REN or you could have a bad ring generator on the card.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: Problem with analog card - 07/10/08 12:25 PM
You could also have the ring generator jumpers set for 'external'. If you pull the card and hold the card w/ the amphenol connector side in yer left hand, the jumpers will be on the component side, lower left. Make sure they are set to 'Int'
Posted By: ZzHitman Re: Problem with analog card - 07/10/08 02:08 PM
I checked the jumpers. They are in the proper place. Extended ring cadence is set to yes. How can I fix if I am excedding the REN? I think it just may be possible it is the ring generator. Any other help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Problem with analog card - 07/10/08 04:30 PM
Is this the only analog card in your cabinet? If not, it'd be helpful if you could swap the card to see if the problem moves with the card or stays with the slot.
Posted By: Tellink Re: Problem with analog card - 07/11/08 03:12 PM
Sometimes those slc's have two ring generators, one for ports 1 - 4, and one for ports 5 - 8.

So, if you were unsuccessful trying to get port 1 to ring, try port 5 or higher.
Posted By: flafos Re: Problem with analog card - 07/25/08 10:47 AM
ZzHitman,
Sounds to me like your ring gen. on the card is bad. This is a very common problem on these units. We repair them for 125.00.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help