atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BaKaatz Mitel IP Phones on 5000 - 08/07/08 12:55 PM
Greetings.
Upgraded the house 5000 system to 2.4 to demo the Mitel 5340 / 5330 phones. Simple enough to get them going, but...you knew there had to be a but smile ... can't locate any real information on configuration options on the network side. User guide is rather complete, just not the installer info. Can you web into these? Any way to set address other than DHCP? Any and all suggestions ... well at least helpful Mitel IP phone related suggestions laugh ...would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Bruce
Posted By: Dustin Owens Re: Mitel IP Phones on 5000 - 08/07/08 10:59 PM
First are you running the phones as SIP phones or as Mitel IP phones? Do you have a TFTP server setup with the software for the phone that it needs to download on boot is DHCP passing the file name Option 67 in DHCP? Do you have the IP address of the TFTP server set in DHCP as option 66? Option 129 RTC should be the IP address of the IP Gateway, oh and also I beleive you need option 125 setup as an ascii string "id:ipphone.mitel.com;sw_tftp=192.168.1.1;call_srv=192.168.1.1;vlan=1;l2p=6;dscp=46" of course insert your own IP address that is just and example.

If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance. . . Confuse them with BS
Posted By: BaKaatz Re: Mitel IP Phones on 5000 - 08/08/08 07:04 AM
Thanks for the response. We are running them as Mitel IP. The 2.4 version has a built in TFTP, so they have the current software, which they pulled from the 5000's TFTP. They grabbed an address from our DHCP server.
Just trying to poke around a bit and understand these phone. Can't web into them. Just looking forward to what happens when we are putting these in where the customer doesn't use DHCP.
Posted By: Dustin Owens Re: Mitel IP Phones on 5000 - 08/12/08 04:08 AM
I really am not impressed with Mitel's IP phones for remote location installs, they require too much support to even turn on. They work fine in the same building or campus as the controller though.
Posted By: BaKaatz Re: Mitel IP Phones on 5000 - 08/12/08 06:12 AM
At this point I have to agree. Thanks for the advice and help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help