atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jwright37043 Encore 3000 Paging Question - 10/14/08 03:31 PM
Having an issue that is about to drive me crazy. Have a client with a new Encore 3000, they already had a Bogen RM-350D for overhead music. They asked if they could page from the Encore through the existing Bogen.

The best we have been able to do, is get it to mute the music, you get about 1 second of audio over the speakers, then the phone displays "Line Disconnected"

We have tried both a Station Port & CO Line Port. Currently it is connected to CO Line 4, going to a 600 Ohm transformer, into the Mic port on the Bogen.

Any help would be appreciated, or if you can recommend a proven alternative to the Bogen for use with the Encore. Needs to have a FM Tuner, and be able to mute the music automatically upon a page from the phone system.
Posted By: BridgeClip Re: Encore 3000 Paging Question - 10/15/08 01:58 PM
Try using a Radio Shack Audio Isolation Transformer (p/n 273-1374 )

Wiring Info:

White and Black wires are the Primary Pair which goes to station side. The red and Yellow wires are the Secondary Pair, which goes to the paging equipment.
It worked for me.
Also disable dial tone detect on that line.

Good Luck!
Posted By: jwright37043 Re: Encore 3000 Paging Question - 10/15/08 04:46 PM
Thanks BC..

What type of paging equipment are you using?
Posted By: BridgeClip Re: Encore 3000 Paging Question - 10/16/08 12:41 AM
Valcom zone control unit with valcom self amplified horns and speakers. I have mine wired to a station port I believe.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help