atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dfleschute Headset ports failing - 10/17/08 11:14 AM
I have an Axxess V10. I have some extensions (8520s) that stopped working with headsets. After determining the headset was not the issue, I swapped out the first phone. It started working. Then two more had the problem. 317 and 394 had no effect. I unplugged the endpoint, counted to ten, and plugged it back in. The headsets worked. This morning, the same thing happened to two of the same extensions. Including the one that was swapped out the day before. The same remedy fixed the issue. The three extensions are not on the same DKSC, but they are in the same cabinet. Is this a sign that the power supply for the cabinet may be going bad?
Posted By: Tellink Re: Headset ports failing - 10/20/08 04:14 PM
Have you checked the batteries on the headset units?
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Headset ports failing - 10/21/08 07:32 AM
Batteries come right after 317. I just received a call from one of the same users. When listening to messages, there is now a delay after pressing an option. She also tried to get an outside line and now dial tone was generated. She had to try again.

TAC has no record of the headset issue before. So they've washed their hands of it.
Posted By: Tellink Re: Headset ports failing - 10/21/08 08:58 AM
Any errors being generated in the logs when this is happening?

Also, have you tried running the db through the tester to ensure that is has not becomem corrupt?

Weird problem that I've not run into before. smile

It does not appear to be a P/S issue with the cabinet.

What is the brand/model of headset?
Posted By: BridgeClip Re: Headset ports failing - 10/21/08 09:18 AM
I've had this happen also on the 8520's. My version was 9.1. I kept resetting the phone and finally it stopped. The phones having the problems were in a hunt grp. Are yours by chance? I'd love to figure out what is happening with this. I thought it was just one of those magical things.

Good Luck!
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Headset ports failing - 10/23/08 12:06 PM
BridgeClip, Yes, they are in the same hunt group. I didn't even consider that. Although, there is no logical reason why that would matter. They are not set to auto connect.

Tellink, Plantronics HW261N and PW261N. Yes, I know, the 8520 does not need a headset with an amplifier. I don't know if some of the people are just deaf or they can't hear above the white noise being piped into the room for masking. There are no errors in the logs. I considered the Power Supply because they were in the same cabinet.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Headset ports failing - 10/23/08 12:55 PM
I just ran a DBTest. One error relating to a page zone.
Posted By: BridgeClip Re: Headset ports failing - 10/23/08 02:32 PM
I will try and find out what headsts they are using. We maybe on to somehting that TAC doesn't know YET. My customer has no page zones but that doesn't mean somebody did not accidentally hit an access code related to the all page. I wonder if when you do an all page thru the phones it disables the headset?

Thanks for the update!
Posted By: SoCalJake Re: Headset ports failing - 10/23/08 08:09 PM
This is a stretch, but is the Headset Connect Tone flag enabled on these stations? Could these be dropping into a standby mode?
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Headset ports failing - 11/26/08 08:48 AM
This problem went away for a while, but now it's back. I've had two phones today. Unplugging and reseating the line from the phone reestablished the headset. The phone and handset always work. It's just the headset that dies.

The headset connect tone is only used on phones having Agents with Auto-Connect. The phones in question do not have the Headset connect tone active.
Posted By: SoCalJake Re: Headset ports failing - 11/26/08 08:56 AM
Originally posted by dfleschute:
The headset connect tone is only used on phones having Agents with Auto-Connect. The phones in question do not have the Headset connect tone active.
Where did you read that?
From the manual:
“Headset Connect Tone” Station Flag
12.85 The “Headset Connect Tone” flag will send a single tone to a headset, instead of normal
phone ring tones, when a call is ringing at the station (non-handsfree intercom call, outside
call, queue callback, or reminder message). The tone is sent only once, when the call is
received, and will not repeat even if the call continues to ring unanswered. It is intended as a
“wake up” tone for headsets that have a power-saving function that allows the device to
“sleep” if idle for a set period. The flag is programmed on a station-by-station basis. By default
the flag is disabled.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Headset ports failing - 11/26/08 10:24 AM
No. That's how our phones are set. We have two call centers. The center receiving the high volume of calls have auto connect agents and the headset tone enabled. The other receives relatively few calls. They don't wear their headsets until a call is routed to them. So those agents are not auto connect and do not have the headset tone enabled.
Posted By: SoCalJake Re: Headset ports failing - 11/26/08 12:58 PM
What I'm saying is I don't see the correlation between auto connect and the headset connect tone flag.

I understand auto connect Agents receive a short tone before being connected, but that is different. All I'm trying to suggest is if you enable headset connect tones and it wakes the sleepy headset up then your problem is fixed. It can't hurt, can it?
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Headset ports failing - 11/26/08 01:14 PM
I didn't follow your line of thought. I've not heard of the headsets going into sleep mode. I've been here four years. We've been using the same headsets and phones the entire time. This just started a little over a month ago.

I'll make the change to the flag.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help