atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SeaTec Continue to hold message - 11/05/08 11:17 AM
Hello,
Trying to set up a simple message a caller will hear after a set amount of time and then put them back in the same huntgroup.

I have impel setup.
Caller calls in and gets a basic announcement that they they can either search the directory, enter an extension or stay on the line for a custrep. As soon as the mesaage is played the caller is routed to huntgroup 2015. this huntgroup has two keyset lists. The first contains 4 extensions and the second list has 6 extensions(4 original + 2 extra). When the callers has gone through both key set lists i want them to get a message that they can either go into voice mail or stay on the line. right now, when both keyset lists time out the caller gets the same message as they got when they first called the number.

thank you
Posted By: racer x Re: Continue to hold message - 11/07/08 09:18 AM
Not sure what model Inter-tel system you are trying to configure (Axxent, Axxess, 5000, etc) but I think it's pretty universal that you want to setup an Overflow annoucement that will trigger from an Overflow timer.

You can set a call routing application to be the overflow that will give the caller the options you desire.

Again, I'm not sure what system you are on, but this is how it basically works on an Axxess system.
Posted By: SeaTec Re: Continue to hold message - 11/07/08 09:20 AM
Yes it is an axxess system and thank you. ill experiment with it and see what happens. Thank you
Posted By: SeaTec Re: Continue to hold message - 12/17/08 06:47 AM
maybe a little but more input please. i have the inter-tel 8.1 software controlling an axxess system and only one application answering all trunks. I have a day greeting there now and want to have a secondary message announce that there is a heavy vall load and they will keep their place in line and continue to hold. Whats the best way to do this? Please be specific where in the software i can do this. New to this software. thanks again
Posted By: SayWhat Re: Continue to hold message - 12/17/08 08:01 AM
Go to Call Routing Announcements in the VM and right click in the right area and add a CRA. Go to the Day and Night greeting and delete number 1 and choose an unused number. Record the greeting. Go to the hunt group and add this new CRA as an overflow and then under hunt group timers make sure that your recall timer is extended out and your overflow timer is set to something like 30 secs. This will play this greeting starting at 30 secs from the announcement timer and replay every 30 secs until the recall timer kicks in. Hope this helps.
Posted By: SeaTec Re: Continue to hold message - 12/17/08 08:03 AM
Ill will give this a shot. im a bit dense. What does VM (voicemail but where do i look for it/)stand for?

Btw why o i have to add a new cra? I already have one that i want to use a the first CRA but then just have a message stating that thy are next in line
Posted By: SeaTec Re: Continue to hold message - 12/17/08 09:44 AM
Ok i created a new cra called overflow (i know, not very imaginative). i pointed the cra to the right day and night greeting. went over to the huntgroup the first cra routes all the incoming calls to and changed the overflow value to the newly crated cra value. How does it know to keep the caller in the same call order? also, i have the first cra's recall destination to the orginal hunt group. is that right? do i need to add a value for the recall of the new cra?
Posted By: SoCalJake Re: Continue to hold message - 12/17/08 09:10 PM
Originally posted by SeaTec:
How does it know to keep the caller in the same call order?
Because when the timer expires and the CRA is playing the call is more or less 'conferenced' in while the call continues queueing.

Make sure in your announcement and overflow CRA's the timeout value is hangup and not to transfer to the hunt group again. I know it seems backward, but if you don't set it to hangup then the caller will be transfered back into the hunt group they were already queueing in as a new call, losing their place in line.
Posted By: SeaTec Re: Continue to hold message - 12/18/08 04:31 AM
Thanks SoCalJake, that would be an important piece of information right there. lol, telling a caller he/she wont loose her place in line and promptly putting to the back of the queue. Not good. THanks to all of you guys. I got it working and once you work out the logic its really not that hard.
Posted By: SeaTec Re: Continue to hold message - 12/18/08 04:36 AM
Where are the time out values? never mind . found them
Posted By: SeaTec Re: Continue to hold message - 09/08/11 01:35 PM
i cant seem to find where i can set the value for the CRA's over flow and announcement timers to hangup.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Continue to hold message - 09/08/11 07:48 PM
Two different items that are not related:

Overflow and announcement timers are located in the hunt group (System).

Hang-up is under digit translations in the Call Routing Announcement (Voice Processor).
Posted By: SeaTec Re: Continue to hold message - 09/09/11 04:31 AM
so when socaljake says not to trnasfer to the hUNT GROUP AGAIN IT MEANS NOT TO HAVE ANY KIND OF TRANSFER CONFIGURED IN THE DIGIT TRANSLATION OF THE oVERFLOW CRA. Correct?
Posted By: DND ON Re: Continue to hold message - 09/09/11 11:49 AM
You can make the digit translations anything you want, so long as Time Out goes to hang-up.

For example, if your greeting says "continue to hold or press zero to leave a message", you could point the zero digit translation to a mailbox.

If Time Out is anything except hang-up, the call will be pulled out of the hung group after the greeting is played.
Posted By: MEM5449 Re: Continue to hold message - 09/01/12 08:39 PM
Hello SeaTec, here's the keys to remember about the 3 hunt group timers and destinations:
ANNOUNCEMENT destination does NOT leave hunt group and is only performed once.
OVERFLOW destination does NOT leave hunt group and repeats each time this timer expires.
RECALL destination DOES leave hunt group and is only performed once.

So, whenever you use a CRA [to create a queue message], use HANG UP (not TRANSFER) in digit translation to keep caller's position in queue. Also, always use RECALL destination when you want to take caller in a different direction and NOT have them accidentally picked up by available hunt group member/agent (ie. leaving a VM msg).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help