atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: racer x IC call forward to Voicemail timer - 11/19/08 10:41 AM
How do I adjust the timer for IC calls forwarding to voicemail without messing up all the other forwarding timers in the system?

I have unanswered IC calls being forwarded to voicemail, but it takes 10 rings before the call goes which is way too long. Regular calls go to voicemail in only about 4-5 rings which is sufficient.

I'm aware of the "System Forward Initiate" timer and the 2 "No-Answer" timers, but I'm betting they will change everything - not just IC calls.

I heard about using a separate forwarding path for IC calls, but I'm not sure how to set that up.

System is Axxess 9.1 with EM.

I appreciate any and all help,

Rx
Posted By: SoCalJake Re: IC call forward to Voicemail timer - 11/19/08 11:39 AM
If you're already using system forwarding it only seems like 10 rings because the double ringback on IC calls is quicker than standard ringback. Both IC and CO calls use the same timer.

Try this: Set the Different Ringback Cadence-IC/CO station flag to NO and try again from your phone.
Posted By: racer x Re: IC call forward to Voicemail timer - 11/19/08 12:28 PM
I actually timed it and you are correct, both IC calls and CO calls are forwarded to voicemail after 20 seconds of ringing.

Since they use the same timer, which timer is it and what else does it change if I adjust it? I'm guessing it may adversely affect hunt group forwarding timers and other stuff.

Also, is there a way to "trick" the system into having the IC calls forward to voicemail in less time than CO calls? I read about a trick being referenced in an older post in this forum but it didn't get into detail.

Thanks for the quick response,

Rx
Posted By: SoCalJake Re: IC call forward to Voicemail timer - 11/19/08 12:51 PM
They both observe the System Forward Initiate timer. Adjusting it shoudn't hurt if you shorten it, but if you extend it beyond the Transfer Voice Processor, Attendant and Busy timers then you could have issues. In either case, hunt groups don't observe this timer (or any of the others I mentioned).

As for a "trick", I think you're referencing this. Look in SYSTEM->STATION RELATED INFORMATION->SYSTEM FORWARDING PATHS. Find the path with forwarding point 1 that shows your voice mail application. This is where your calls go after the System Forward Initiate timer expires. The trick is to make another path with your extension as point 1 and voice mail as point 2. This way after the System Forward Initiate timer expires the System Forward Advance timer begins and the call continues to ring your phone. Then when the System Forward Advance timer expires forwarding point 2 is executed.

Add this new path to your stations forwarding path list, set the call criteria appropriately so that IC calls use the original path and all other calls use the new path and you're set.

Unfortunately you'll have to make a dedicated path for everyone needing this.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help