atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: stillmc DSS/BLF on Standard Phone - 11/20/08 02:21 PM
I want to assign a button on an Axxess standard phone to be a DSS/BLF button for a specific extension. For example, a user does not use their Conf button so I want to assign it to a person's extension so they can see when that person is on the phone. I thought I'd be able to do this within the Programmable Keys options for that person's extension. I made the change of assigning Key 7 (which was the conf feature key) to DSS/BLF with the appropriate extension, but the key remains a conf key. I don't want to change it at the Keyset Key Assignments level since I only want to do this for one user. What am I doing wrong? TIA!
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: DSS/BLF on Standard Phone - 11/20/08 08:26 PM
Go to the Key Assignment Map for that extension. Look at the conf key. Does it say Programmable Key 7 or does it say Feature, Conference? If it's Feature, then changing that keyset's Programmable Key don't change jack squat.

To fix it for one extension, either create a new map for that extension w/ the conf key a PK, orrrrrr change the current map's conf key to a PK, then program everyone's PK to conference except that one keyset.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help