atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DEV101 AXXENT System setup help - 11/29/08 06:23 AM
A little background:

I'm a systems engineer/programmer with 20 years experience. This is my personal phone system (originally from my dad's office), that I am trying to recondition for use in my office that I will open up next year.

I've taken my system out of moth balls. Due to being unplugged for so long (3 years), battery is low. DB is going to default. A few errors in logs, but I will change battery first, then go in through db studio and check config. (After I purchase db studio since I lost my copy).

question 1
Is battery off the shelf or do I need to order through dealer?

question 2
I see that there is kbd input. How is video handled on these units if bios setting needed to be updated, or if I wanted to interact with hard drive natively?

I made copy of drive data by plugging drive into other system. But I'd like to boot into system like a normal PC.

Question 3
Lastly, in log there were some curious lines:

-037- 12:00 01-01 M203 INF HW CP [2.0.0]: On-Line From DKSC Board
-038- 12:00 01-01 M539 WRN HW CP [2.0.0] (DKSC Board): Incompatible (DB Type =
+DKSC12 Board)
-039- 12:00 01-01 M203 INF HW CP [1.0.0]: On-Line From DKSC12 Board

Wondering what the "Incompatible" error means.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: RCA Re: AXXENT System setup help - 11/29/08 09:50 AM
question 1
Is battery off the shelf or do I need to order through dealer?

Off the shelf.

question 2
I see that there is kbd input. How is video handled on these units if bios setting needed to be updated, or if I wanted to interact with hard drive natively?

The system will only support a video card during maintenance. The card must be removed for normal operation. If you want interaction with the hard drive, pull it out and put it on another PC as a slave drive. And by the way, the hard drive only handles the voicemail application, the phone system is run by the motherboard.

I made copy of drive data by plugging drive into other system. But I'd like to boot into system like a normal PC.

I don't know understand what you’re asking here. The only way to program this system is with the proprietary Axxent software connected by the serial cord or by modem. I know this Axxent looks like a computer on the outside but it's just a phonesystem that was shoehorned into computer cabinet.

-037- 12:00 01-01 M203 INF HW CP [2.0.0]: On-Line From DKSC Board
-038- 12:00 01-01 M539 WRN HW CP [2.0.0] (DKSC Board): Incompatible (DB Type =
+DKSC12 Board)
-039- 12:00 01-01 M203 INF HW CP [1.0.0]: On-Line From DKSC12 Board

Wondering what the "Incompatible" error means.

The only code to be concerned about is M539 incompatibility. Off hand that tells me that you have 12 port station board in the slot and the default programmed data in the system is looking for the older style board. Once this system gets properly programmed you shouldn't see that anymore.
Posted By: DEV101 Re: AXXENT System setup help - 11/29/08 11:57 AM
I replaced battery and all was ok with cmos. Radio shack had it in stock.

The only reason I was wondering about video card and logging in was in case I ever lost bios settings and had to restore. I guess standard isa card should do. Just have to remove VM card because of conflict?

You are right about hard drive. Best handled as slave drive on another PC.

Thanks for reply. I will contact authorized dealer for config software. If you know a reliable dealer, please let me know.
Posted By: RCA Re: AXXENT System setup help - 11/29/08 12:28 PM
The only reason I was wondering about video card and logging in was in case I ever lost bios settings and had to restore. I guess standard isa card should do. Just have to remove VM card because of conflict?

Correct. Yes you will need the video card for bio settings although it shouldn't have to be changed.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help