atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JBade "ARS is busy" at remote office - 12/11/08 09:19 AM
One of our remote offices (also on a 5600) keeps getting "ARS is busy" when trying to get an outside line and a reboot of the system is the only fix.

They only have 4 pots lines at this location.
(Connected to the main office over a VPN as well)

It's a small office and nobody else is on the phone when they have gotten this message.

Anyone have any thoughts.
I've double checked the configuration and everything seams to be ok.
Could I be missing something?
Posted By: SayWhat Re: "ARS is busy" at remote office - 12/11/08 09:55 AM
Is this happening when they first dial 8/outgoing or after they dial the number? In ARS when you match the route is the first route the other node or the local trunks?
Posted By: JBade Re: "ARS is busy" at remote office - 12/11/08 02:31 PM
When they first dial 8... (at least that is how it was described to me)

and I think it's the local trunk.

I'll go in and double check but I am almost positive.
Posted By: SoCalJake Re: "ARS is busy" at remote office - 12/11/08 06:17 PM
5600 with 4 trunks???

How many networking channels to the other node?
Posted By: JBade Re: "ARS is busy" at remote office - 12/12/08 09:11 AM
Yes,

Locally there is only 4 trucks for local numbers and calls.
There is some 800 numbers which come thought he t-1 at the local office that they then Answer as well.

Where are the network channels defined?
I've never looked..
Posted By: SoCalJake Re: "ARS is busy" at remote office - 12/12/08 09:27 AM
It depends on how you're networked (IP or point to point), what type of system is on the other end (5000 or Axxess) and whether your 5000 has the "Networking" premium feature added.
Posted By: JBade Re: "ARS is busy" at remote office - 12/12/08 11:24 AM
IP through a WAN connection.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: "ARS is busy" at remote office - 12/12/08 01:24 PM
Well, if two calls came in to that site via a local trunk and both calls were then transferred back out to outside fone numbers, you would have no trunks to call out on there and nobody on the fone. A reset also would clear that condition b/c it would of course end those calls.

Next time it happens, have a user try to dial the trunk extension numbers one-by-one and carefully document what they hear AND what the LCD on the fone reads.
Posted By: SoCalJake Re: "ARS is busy" at remote office - 12/12/08 03:45 PM
OK. Let's back up a bit. ARS BUSY means there are no available routes to the dialed number, as in all lines are busy.

We really need to know what your ARS looks like. What number are you dialing when you see/saw this. That needs to be checked against the dial patterns in route groups, then on into facility groups to see exactly which set of trunks your system is trying to use.

Curious, when you get ARS BUSY, can you dial stations on the other node?

Also, you stated "IP through a WAN connection". Does this mean Internet or point to point managed WAN?
Posted By: JBade Re: "ARS is busy" at remote office - 12/30/08 06:44 AM
>Also, you stated "IP through a WAN connection". Does this mean Internet or point to point managed WAN?

Internet via VPN Tunnel

>Curious, when you get ARS BUSY, can you dial stations on the other node?

Internal Extensions at there location and mine work fine.

>OK. Let's back up a bit.
>ARS BUSY means there are no available routes to the dialed number, as in all lines are busy.
>We really need to know what your ARS looks like.
>What number are you dialing when you see/saw this.
>That needs to be checked against the dial patterns in route groups, then on into facility groups to see exactly which set of trunks your system is trying to use.

This happens as soon as they press the button for an external line.

Outgoing extension points to 92000.

And I am not sure where to look up how it uses the trunks for outbound calls. I've been looking though DB studio for something wrong or that stands out but nothing I can find. Is there something specific you want me to post?

Thanks again!!!

Jeff
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help