atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dfleschute Insufficient Bandwidth triggered by Page - 01/30/09 08:22 AM
We have an Axxess and 5200 in two adjacent buildings. Nine phones on the 5200 are located in the building with the Axxess (part of a disaster recovery scheme). So those phones are included in the "All Page" for that building. When a page is completed, the phones on the 5200 emit a short busy signal and then generate "Insufficient Bandwidth" errors. Would anyone know the cause?

Incidentally, we have a 10M pipe between the two buildings. The phone system is the only thing currently using that pipe. The building is in the final stage of finishing before we start moving in.
Posted By: Tellink Re: Insufficient Bandwidth triggered by Page - 01/30/09 03:42 PM
So, the phones on the 5200 are IP phones? Sounds like a bottleneck in the network somewhere.
Does the bandwidth warning appear on the phones local to the 5000 or just the ones across the 10Mb span?
They are IP phones. Only the ones across the 10M span. I've badgered our network guys. He sees no problems with the connection.
Try backing half of them out of the page zone and retest.
"Intermittent" is one of my most hated words. The problem has not shown itself since we did the major reset.
Our network guy has informed me that this switch appears to tranfer files once or twice a day. The process takes nearly 2 hours. We believe our problems occur during these periods. Would anyone have a clue as to what these files may be? We plan to put a sniffer on the line.
I'd love to see that packet capture. Proper QoS should handle this fine.
We're working on it. Right now, that phone switch is the only thing on that 10M pipe. I'm hoping to find out if there's a problem before we move our Operations into the building. We're planning to put a sniffer on it.
well?
The 5200 is sending information to phones in a different building. We don't know the nature of the information yet. It tops out at 100Kps. I was remoted in last night to do backups. The voicemail and audiotex are stored to a flash drive locally. The database is saved to a network location. This spike was going on and killed the backup and DB session. I reset the 5200. The spike went away and the backups worked fine. We've just set up the sniffer. We'll look at the packets soon. We already know the 5200 is the one generating the data.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help