atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jedwards CPC without PCM - 02/07/09 07:34 PM
Hello,

I was trying to test a CPC 550.2030 without connecting the PCM. Is this possible? I guess I'm asking if the database, authentication and whatnot are stored on the PCM.

I tried connecting to the CPC on the LAN port but cannot get a response. I used an IP scanner to try to determine the address but it doesn't find it. If I remember correctly the default address is 192.168.200.201, but I have no way of knowing if this is what the address is set to.

I have a serial cable for Inter-Tel that is known to work. But I get no answer this way either. But I have not connected the PCM at this point.

I'm just learning the Mitel/Inter-Tel systems, having worked only with Toshiba DK systems in the past.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jim
Posted By: SoCalJake Re: CPC without PCM - 02/09/09 06:32 PM
PCM on the CPU/C is strictly for audio and fax communication between the CPU/C and voice mail, nothing more, and will not prevent the system from coming online. Without it connected on a running system you'll see when calling the auto attendant it will just give you a slight pop and then pure silence.

If you have a known good serial cable, plug it in to CPC port 1 and connect to a PC at 9600, 8, N, 1. Using HyperTerminal (or equivalent) power up the system. You will see the boot process along with the current IP address.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help