atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: philodendrin Changing Provider - Need Advice - 03/23/09 01:17 PM
Our company is changing Internet and phone service providers at the end of this week. We are on an InterTel Axxess 5.349 system and I'm relatively familiar with DB Studio and maintaining the system.

I don't plan on having a certified InterTel tech. on hand the day we port our numbers from Cbeyond to the new provider, so I wanted to just ask the group here if there's anything I should keep in mind should issues arise on the day of the switch over.

For instance, if calls don't go through, is there an InterTel or DB Studio tool I can use to capture the activity and help diagnose where the new provider may need to change a setting on their side?
Posted By: Tellink Re: Changing Provider - Need Advice - 04/03/09 11:33 AM
You can telnet into the T-1 card and view activity that way.

As long as you match ISDN protocols with the newe provider you should be golden.
Posted By: philodendrin Re: Changing Provider - Need Advice - 04/03/09 11:39 AM
Thanks for the reply. Everything went relatively well. For others who may reference this post. It's helpful to know how many digits the PBX is accepting (I had no idea). The new provider was trying to send seven digits instead of four which delayed the process. I also had to have them turn off codec compression on the fax and postage meter lines - not knowing that caused delays as well. It would have also been helpful to have had a better idea of how Outbound Caller ID works with a PRI. They had asked me to turn on Outbound Caller ID on all the lines and it took me a while to find the setting in DB Studio. Luckily, I figured it out by reading a post on this site.
Posted By: Tellink Re: Changing Provider - Need Advice - 04/03/09 07:58 PM
So at this point are you 100%?

Sorry I forgot to mention the issue of quantity of digits.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help