atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dolsson01 Change the "Dial 0" location - 11/11/09 12:20 PM
Sorry to post about what seems such a rudimentary problem. I'm having some difficulty with the terminology of our Inter Tel phone system which makes searching for a solution a challenge.

When somebody calls our outside line they have the option to "dial 0" to reach the receptionist.

Where can I change where the call goes when they dial 0?

Inter Tel 5000 version 2.1.2.40
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: Change the "Dial 0" location - 11/11/09 01:07 PM
Welcome to the board, you will need access to database programming and access to the VM. First we need to see where your calls are ringing. After you are logged in go to System/devices and feature codes/ CO trunk groups I assume you will see 92001 (if you have more than one entry we will need to sort out where the line you are looking for lives) Highlight 92001 and look on the right side of the screen. You will see a day and night ringing destination. That destination could be anything from a star (time based routing) a Hung group (rings several phones then goes to an aplication) or a CRA (call Routing Aplication) Note: the CRA is where we are going to find the 0 route. If it points to a star we need to open it and find the match for the time of day we are looking for and find the CRA aplication number. If it's a Hunt Group (HG) you will need to go to it and see the Time out destination. If it's a CRA just open it and select teh 0 and set it to where you want.
Hope this helps
Randy
Posted By: dolsson01 Re: Change the "Dial 0" location - 11/11/09 01:56 PM
The destination was a CRA. I was able to get this changed to the correct extension.

Thanks MVSpeed
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help