atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: oldmiss PRI - 11/18/09 07:22 AM
More questions about PRI's.
Axxess V11 system, wanted to use the new feature to send out information on the location, calling party name and number, for 911.
We worked with Intertel and they said it doesn't work, but the Tier 3 engineers mentioned 'call setup' and I saw this in the online help 'Primary Rate Call Type' the last line also mentions 'information sent out with the call setup'. Is there a 'timer' for the PRI's that may need to be increased to allow the passage of the 'calling party name and number' fields over those PRI's, because the PRI vendor says they are not blocking any information.
I maybe grasping at straws, but I really want this new feature to work.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: PRI - 11/18/09 07:34 AM
You will not get the name feature to work on a PSTN PRI circuit. The number should be simple. If the PRI is functioning normally on outbound calls and you have the Calling Party Number programmed on a station and outbound calls from that station show a different number, the provider is blocking CPN. That's it, there is no other reasonable explanation.

If someone from Inter-Tel told you that CPN 'doesn't work', they are incorrect. It does and has worked for years.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help