atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Avit CPC Modem - 11/18/09 08:40 AM
We have an AXXESS 256 CPC version 9.128. The embedded modem recently quit working. It has been in place and working for about 2 years. I replaced the CPC card and still the modem will not answer. The modem has a DID directed to it's extension,(1500), but when you call that number or dial 1500 internally the call goes to the attendant. The modem shows as enabled under devices\modems and there is an extension ID built for it. What else could keep the modem from picking up?
Posted By: Rmel Re: CPC Modem - 11/18/09 11:37 PM
Avit,

Here are some things to try..

What kind of trunk the modem call is using on the Axxess side of the call.

What connection speed the modem is using. The speed can be programmed on the Axxess side also.

The default is to connect at the highest speed possible.

Try to reduce the modem speed in database programming to 9600, see if the call still fails.

Is the call a networking call? If so, then verify that the networking connection is NOT over IP.

Using a single line phone on a SLC go off-hook and listen for dial tone. If the handset plays dial tone, then the DSP is working properly.

Make an IC call from a standard 2-line display digital phone to any other phone. After audio is connected have the 2-line digital phone press digits on the keypad. If the user on the other end of the call hears DTMF digits, then the DSP is working correctly.

Ask the caller to connect the same originating modem to a SLC circuit and dial the modem x1500. Does the modem connect? If so, then the DSP is working correctly.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: CPC Modem - 11/19/09 11:24 AM
I would try changing the modem extension number maybe remove it and replace it in DB programming. I really don't think the modem is the issue because the calls go to the attendant. If the modem was dead you would get dead air or maybe a reorder tone. I have never seen one go bad and where you replaced the card it isn't the modem for sure.
Randy
Posted By: Noisycow Re: CPC Modem - 11/19/09 05:39 PM
If it still gives you fits try an external modem connected to serial.

Replaced the CPC? Not an easy task with the licensing and hassle - been there!
Posted By: Noisycow Re: CPC Modem - 11/19/09 05:40 PM
I should have added that of course it would be just a simple port forward to get into via IP remotely.
Posted By: City42 Re: CPC Modem - 01/07/10 05:39 AM
Call into the system through DISA and default all on the modem extension.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help