atcomsystems.ca/forum
I installed our first X16 today, and it went smooth. The only thing I wasnt sure on, was the day/night time for the Auto Attendant, just allows for a day time and a night time, does it change on saturday and sunday as well? Or is the system hard coded to not change on those days?
This was one of the fastest installs I have ever done. I am very happy so far.
No Saturday or Sunday schedule.
We have done 3 so far. Since the system is a basic system for small users, we encourage the use of a simulated 24 hour automated attendant and make the (required) night message only play for 1 minute at midnight. Since there is no weekend or holiday capability, I figured, why bother with two messages?
I encourage a "universal" message vs. day/night so that no matter what the AA answers with the right message. This is true of all VM I install, no matter what brand.

Great suggestion, MNDAVE.
You and I have discussed this before MNDAVE, but I haven't been sure that I understand. Would the x16 System Programming parameters you suggest look like this:

Day Time 12:01 A
Night Time 12:00 A

So the "universal" greeting gives the same menu/extension directory choices, day or night, and the incoming calls ring the chosen extension for x number of rings both day and night before going to the extension owner's voicemail, when they don't answer, whether this is an x16 or another "brand" system. As opposed to having the "after hours" greeting transfer calls to directly to vm box chosen by the incoming caller, bypassing ringing the extension first. Perhaps with the x16 you don't have the choice of having calls transferred "directly" to VM from the "night" greeting.
To avoid the "is midnight 12pm or 12am?" (AM), we do what the transportation companies do. We set the one minute for Night at 12:01A and the Day at 12:02A. The next question is, When was year "0?"

BTW, On the X16, Only transferred calls can go to voice mail. there is no direct to VM option.
Originally posted by MNDAVE:
BTW, On the X16, Only transferred calls can go to voice mail. there is no direct to VM option.
Check the user guide, there is an easy way to send a call direct to VM. There is no station to station direct to VM that I'm aware of.
Thanks Bill. I appreciate your comment but I was addressing the AA options that Bob was asking about. There is no direct to VM AA option.
I see that now, sorry for the confusion.
Direct to VoiceMail (almost)

record greeting message to say:welcome to bla bla bla.
"for a company directory please enter 77 now or please hold and your call will be answered automatically"

record aux.ogm to say:
to leave a vm for bill enter 301
to leave a vm for john enter 302
to leave a vm for mary enter 303
etc....

the caller enters 77,the aux ogm message plays and the caller gets the company directory.
then enters the extention number...voice mail goes directly to the extention they dialed.
when the caller enters an extention number,the system says "please hold while i direct your call to that extention"

if the caller enters no extention number then the aa answers the call and leaves the vm on extention 301.

if the caller enters 77 then they can either enter an extention number or wait for auto answer.
auto answer will put the message on 301.
Version 2 has day/night with night playing on weekends now. Contact XBlue for an upgrade. There's a very small charge for this. All X-16 systems that are currently shipping are V2.
Toaster. The original post was a year old. In the future, please start a new thread. Thanks. And welcome aboard! welcome
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help