atcomsystems.ca/forum
If you send a phone into King Technologies for repair they charge you TENN SALES TAX at 9.75% for the repair AND the shipping charge.

When I called the Tenn. tax people they laughed at me, "Yup, that's how we do things down here."

I think it is time for X-Blue to find another repair facility outside of Tennessee.

Just release the schematics and let us try to fix them ourselves INSIDE OUR OWN STATE, NOT NEAR TENNESSEE.

A PO'd Bunnie, Yes it is my $5 and No I don't want to donate it to worthless thieving bureaucrats who will squander it, I can donate to any charity I want more efficiently than they can.
Posted By: Deltron Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/06/11 04:10 PM
I throw away out of warranty phones. I've had so many defective repairs from King I don't bother unless the equipment is still in warranty.

The small difference in cost just isn't worth it.
Posted By: MnDave Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/06/11 04:18 PM
Thank you for the heads up. I hadn't known this. Would it work to give them your own state sales tax exemption number or do they not recognize that?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/06/11 07:40 PM
I always thought that unless a taxation jurisdiction (directly-connecting state border) applied, there was no local taxation collectible.

Basically, if the sale occurs across state lines with no direct border connections, I don't see how this tax can be applied. I'd challenge it, Bunnie. No material purchase changed physical hands.

This sounds like an ICC issue to me.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/06/11 07:44 PM
That makes no sense to me either.
Posted By: Deltron Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/06/11 08:55 PM
Looking at this it appears there's no sales tax if you have a resale certificate. Item #23.

https://www.tn.gov/revenue/faqs/salesandusefaq.htm#23
Posted By: skip555 Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/07/11 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Deltron:
I throw away out of warranty phones. I've had so many defective repairs from King I don't bother unless the equipment is still in warranty.

The small difference in cost just isn't worth it.
I agree I dont bother with repair , I get so few that need repair anyway , if your having a lot of a product that needs repair perhaps you need to find a more robust product line to sell
If I cant repair it myself off to the recycler with it
Posted By: 6string Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/08/11 05:27 PM
"A PO'd Bunnie, Yes it is my $5 and No I don't want to donate it to worthless thieving bureaucrats who will squander it, I can donate to any charity I want more efficiently than they can."

I couldn't agree more.
Posted By: walterv Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/10/11 09:49 AM
Sales Tax in Tennessee is 9.75%, OMG!!!

Ditto to what ED said, I too thought that's how ST worked.
As mentioned, just give them a sales tax #.
Posted By: BobRobert Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/10/11 10:33 AM
Item #18 from Deltron\'s link

As far as the 9.75% sales tax rate, that is the price we pay for not having a state income tax.
Posted By: Deltron Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/10/11 08:57 PM
Bob, we have income tax and 9% sales tax.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/12/11 07:19 AM
NYC, City, State and 8.65% sales tax
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/12/11 08:26 AM
The trick is in #20 Tangible vs. real property. TN has that "tangible property" repair clause. You send it down, they tax.

Carl
Posted By: frodo_35 Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 06/13/11 01:13 PM
Per King billing dept. If you have a valid state resellers or tax exempt cert. on file with them you will not be charged the tax.
Posted By: Stoph Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 07/13/11 04:59 PM
I have the same experience as Deltron. I've far too many items repaired by King that had the same problem after the repair.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: X-Blue and Tenn Sales tax rip off - 03/09/12 11:10 AM
Duh bunnie would be hoppin here in O Canada .
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help