atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Thornhil XBlue ??? - 06/07/12 01:00 PM
Received a call to install an XBlue system. Never did one before never even seen one. Am I asking for trouble or is this a pretty do it yourself type system. Is it a hosted type system where I can use cat 5 from network to phone to computer. How does it program thru phone or lap top. Is it crazy to program or just read the manual or CD. Any information would be appreciated or should I just stay away. Thanks for any help Tony
Posted By: KENB Re: XBlue ??? - 06/07/12 01:45 PM
Tony
Goto
www.xbluenetworks.com

inside site is links to equipment and you tube
videos on system and users info

ken
Posted By: Kill Roy Re: XBlue ??? - 06/07/12 01:46 PM
All of XBLUE's Products are easy to install because they are fully operational as soon as they boot up and their website has most of their documentation for download. Also, their technical support people are great!
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: XBlue ??? - 06/07/12 07:13 PM
XBlue products are very good. At least the X-16 is. What system are you installing.
Posted By: Thornhil Re: XBlue ??? - 06/08/12 02:51 AM
Customer didnt know . I will see it on Monday. I was looking at manual on line I believe it was the X16, you just need one pair per 4 extensions ???
Posted By: Thornhil Re: XBlue ??? - 06/08/12 02:52 AM
PS custmer purchased it on line from someone. Hope its new, not sure
Posted By: justbill Re: XBlue ??? - 06/08/12 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Thornhil:
X16, you just need one pair per 4 extensions ???
Yes.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: XBlue ??? - 06/08/12 08:43 AM
Kill Roy, How's that arm you broke patting yourself on the back? :toothy:
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: XBlue ??? - 06/09/12 09:09 AM
Keep in mind they purchased it from someone else. Get money up front because if theres problems you get blamed. Be careful.
Make them understand your responsible for nothing.
Posted By: Thornhil Re: XBlue ??? - 06/09/12 11:33 AM
Hitech How true Oh how true
Posted By: skip555 Re: XBlue ??? - 06/09/12 11:43 AM
I wouldn't be overly concerned chances are new or used its just fine , you'll get paid and learn a new product in the process

Kill Roy I always appreciate seeing the manufacture having enough interest in the product to comment online
Posted By: MnDave Re: XBlue ??? - 06/09/12 11:06 PM
The X16 is sweet and simple. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Posted By: Kill Roy Re: XBlue ??? - 06/13/12 11:16 AM
So much for anonymity! I try to keep up with all of the comments and questions!
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: XBlue ??? - 06/14/12 10:12 AM
Sorry Kill Roy. Just ribbing you. We fully appreciate help and comments from the Manufacturer!
Posted By: Thornhil Re: XBlue ??? - 06/15/12 03:06 PM
Well thanks a lot for the info, the x-blue 16 was a sweet little system and a pleasure to install. Real nice, again thanks to all. Tony
Posted By: jsaad Re: XBlue ??? - 06/20/12 02:27 PM
I just installed one yesterday for the first time. Now i know what all the fuss is about.

Pretty nice system!
Posted By: fonemanlee Re: XBlue ??? - 07/06/12 12:51 AM
Kill Roy has outgrown his petri dish....Well, he might have outgrown that a very long time ago, but I have to give him crap over it...
Posted By: firefighter Re: XBlue ??? - 08/26/12 02:24 PM
i installed my first one only seen one at the teck talk show in Las vegas many moons ago and it was eazy to install and I didn't have no manual
Posted By: tampasteve Re: XBlue ??? - 09/19/12 11:39 AM
What do you guys do for a portable on the X16? We have sold a few of these in small offices, but I just had a customer ask about having a portable on the system.

Steve
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: XBlue ??? - 09/19/12 12:05 PM
I'm almost sure there's no cordless for this system.
Just use a regular cordless and attach to the dialtones directly.
No intercom but that would be 1 way of doing it.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: XBlue ??? - 09/19/12 02:17 PM
There isn't one, but as was stated previously, you can use any cordless phone (even a two-line one) connected directly to the CO lines as they connect to the system. The X-16 will detect the lines being in use and light up the buttons on the X-16 phones.
Posted By: tampasteve Re: XBlue ??? - 09/19/12 06:20 PM
Thanks guys, that is kind of what I thought. Too bad they did not put just one analog port to use as a system extension. That should work though!

Steve
Posted By: MnDave Re: XBlue ??? - 09/20/12 02:38 PM
This thread has become a catch all. How about we start new posts?
Posted By: Kill Roy Re: XBlue ??? - 09/27/12 11:02 PM
The X16 uses Voice/Data over Voice or VDOV, which transmits both voice and data over the same frequencies. Making it almost impossible to transmit nonpacketized voice transmissions over the same channels. For now, you have to put analog devices in front of the X16 KSU.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help