atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MnDave X16personal OGMs replaced by undocumented OGM - 12/27/16 09:06 PM
All X16 mailboxes play "Hello, we are not available now. Thank you for calling" & hang up. No personal OGMs are heard nor the factory default "Hello, Please leave a msg after the tone"

To rule out the voice storage being full I deleted [System Setup\Mail System\Clear All VMSG] but it made no difference.

I find no documentation on that prompt or what happens when system is full. This system is past the free support period but I emailed Xblue anyway. I will follow up with any response.
I think your reaching the AA. Programming issue.
Hummm... 2 days now and Xblue has not replied to my email.

Ken, The condition appeared to start after the customer unsuccessfully tried to rerecord the Day OGM. But the Day AA plays and allows xfer to exts. This "Not Available" prompt & hangup has replaced all personal OGMS. I assumed the 2 hour storage was full so I had them delete all VMSG through the System level but there was no change.

The canned OGMs on my shop KSU use different verbage for Night and Aux while the weekend and holiday OGMs appear to have been erased and nothing plays. So I can't find the exact "Not Available" prompt anywhere.
A lot of companies are running short staff over the holidays so it might take till next week to hear back - but I'd keep trying rather than wait. In the meantime, while it's a PITA to start over - maybe a total system reset would clear the trouble.
Yes. That appears to be the direction I need to go in. I don't have the time to address it until next week but this is the response I got from Xblue:

Based on your description of the issue it sounds like the voicemail system on the X16 has had some type of glitch or corruption. When I have seen this in the past a "Reset KSU" from the system setup menu will resolve the issue. Basic setup for AA ans delay, auto attend ring, date and time, etc will need to be reprogrammed once this process is completed. The telephones should remember their extension numbers and come back up however they will need to re-record their personal OGM's. We do have support options available on our website if the customer needs our assistance via the following link. https://store.xblue.com/product-support-options/
For very inexpensive systems, sometime that the only solution.
RESOLVED!

The X16 installation guide has a documentation error on page 47. When "Message Length" is set to "Greeting" the voice mail instead, actually stops taking messages and plays the system prompt, "Hello. We are not available now" and then hangs up.

Therefor, "Greeting" is actually "Do Not Take Messages."

I informed XBlue of this discovery.
Good to know.
Thanks for posting the solution.
Thanks Dave, who would have guessed that. Did you get a who me? from the customer.
No. But they acknowledged a customer's programming of a "user programmable" setting isn't as intuitive as "user programmable systems" are promoted as being. But heck, WE all know that. I try to ease the confusion and say that it is all simple except that there are a 1001 simple things we need to remember. The last thing I want to do is to make the end user feel stupid. That's the manufacturer's job!

I also initially got a denial from Xblue support who finally investigated my report and acknowledged their "anomaly." Humm... That's not the word I would have used! But I was entertained by seeing tech support do the old "CYA" routine. 7up
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help