atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MooreTel External Page - 09/20/18 11:12 AM
Will be proposing an X-16 system to a current client who has 2 lines plus a fax line. However, they needing external paging. I know I need an adapter and use a CO port.

The question is...
On this KSU, you have 2 options for the Prime line: Line or Intercom. If Line is selected as the prime and I use a CO port for the paging, will that port be selected automatically when they really want a line when they pick up the handset?
Posted By: justbill Re: External Page - 09/20/18 02:19 PM
I don't think so. In reading the spec's on the Valcom v-2000a only loop current is supplied back to the phone system so if the access were dialed for a outside line access there'd be no battery for the system to think it were an outside line to access it.

Here's the statement on Valcom's site:

In connection with a telephone system, the unit shall have the ability to provide loop current to the system for access. In connection with a telephone system page port, a "dry" tip and ring connection shall be provided. A battery feed switch located on the unit shall turn loop current on or off to the tip and ring connections.

Here's the document
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: External Page - 09/20/18 03:01 PM
According to XBlue:

"External paging speakers can be used with XBLUE systems by connecting the paging equipment to an unused CO line port. System users access the paging system by pressing the associated CO line button."

Source of info
Posted By: MooreTel Re: External Page - 09/20/18 05:01 PM
Dean, I know that....but if they pick up the handset 1st and their system is set for Prime to go to a CO line rather than the intercom, will it try and seize port 4 (the Paging) button or will it go directly to a CO line and bypass the CO port being used for paging? That's the question...
Posted By: justbill Re: External Page - 09/20/18 05:47 PM
I'd say no. It will not select the paging port.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: External Page - 09/20/18 06:00 PM
XBlue tech support just confirm what Bill said. Thanks.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: External Page - 09/20/18 06:03 PM
Looking through the on-line manual* it does not appear to have the ability for line groups or CO line types.
So just connecting to an unused CO port, to a Valcom 2001A seems like plug and play (and a little wiring, but no programming).
Just access the CO line associated with external paging and there you go!

[Linked Image]

Ever try to read this particular manual on-line? Sucks
Posted By: MooreTel Re: External Page - 09/20/18 06:09 PM
Thanks for the diagram but yes it does have line groups. If CO lines are selected as the prime when picking up a handset, you then get a choice between picking up Lines 1-4 and 5-6 if the KSU has been expanded.

BTW, XBlue recommended either the Viking 2APA or Valcom 2000A adapter...
Posted By: BruceR Re: External Page - 09/20/18 09:43 PM
I would think that if the paging amp is on CO4 then going off hook would grab it only if CO lines 1, 2 & 3 are in use. Is that right?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: External Page - 09/20/18 10:20 PM
It starts with the last line 4-3-2-1. If all else fails, I would have to connect it to CO-1
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: External Page - 09/20/18 11:18 PM
I have a 'feeling' that the XBlue is smart enough to NOT grab the CO port that doesn't have line voltage on it.
Posted By: justbill Re: External Page - 09/21/18 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
I have a 'feeling' that the XBlue is smart enough to NOT grab the CO port that doesn't have line voltage on it.

I'm sure of it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help