atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Free to good home... - 08/15/11 02:07 PM
Anyone want this? Tired of tripping over it. You pay shipping (US only)...guessing around $9 if it fits in one of those Priority Mail boxes. It worked last time I tested. No ringer (was used in dept. stores at cashier stand...ringer may have been auxillary?)

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Free to good home... - 08/15/11 03:07 PM
It was, it's a Spacemaker! I'd love to have one if you will. My last one was Harvest Gold :-)
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Free to good home... - 08/15/11 03:09 PM
PM your e-mail address and I'll send you my PayPal info.
Posted By: metelcom Re: Free to good home... - 08/15/11 03:37 PM
Cool phone I never see one of those.

Thanks for posting the pic and making sure it has a good home :thumb:
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Free to good home... - 08/15/11 03:45 PM
The black ones were F'ugly. https://www.telephonearchive.com/phones/ae/ae183sm.html

The gold one I owned was acceptable, the moss green was about like the black. Mostly I saw sand beige and gold.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Free to good home... - 08/15/11 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Carl Navarro:
The black ones were F'ugly. https://www.telephonearchive.com/phones/ae/ae183sm.html

The gold one I owned was acceptable, the moss green was about like the black. Mostly I saw sand beige and gold.
Black (or red) would look good on my shop wall. The one pictured is too...beige?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Free to good home... - 08/15/11 04:27 PM
Carl, EVERY AE phone was f'ugly. They were almost as ugly as European phones from back in those days.

Danny, you are mighty far from GTE territory in FL. Please tell me that you just found this and don't actually service the Mid-West coast side of the state.
Posted By: johhz Re: Free to good home... - 08/15/11 06:52 PM
I still have at least 1 black one, and I installed a pink one in my niece's bedroom
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Free to good home... - 08/16/11 04:42 AM
Wow, that is quite a phone!
Posted By: skip555 Re: Free to good home... - 08/16/11 08:02 AM
Carl, EVERY AE phone was f'ugly. They were almost as ugly as European phones from back in those days.
give me a AE 40 or 50 over a WE 300 354 any day

AE phones where always more stylish than the WE except maybe the starlight vs the princess

I like the AE spacesaver better than the WE of the same era

[Linked Image from oldradioparts.com]

AE 50
[Linked Image from telephonearchive.com]

WE 354
[Linked Image from telephonearchive.com]
Posted By: John Baines Re: Free to good home... - 08/16/11 08:22 AM
Ed said, "Carl, EVERY AE phone was f'ugly. They were almost as ugly as European phones from back in those days."

How dare you Sir! European phones are all magnificent, even the f'ugly ones.

John
(in the UK - on the outer edge of Europe)
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Free to good home... - 08/16/11 03:13 PM
Originally posted by EV607797:
Danny, you are mighty far from GTE territory in FL. Please tell me that you just found this and don't actually service the Mid-West coast side of the state.
Can't remember where I got this. Have had it for at least 10 yrs. I don't think it was a "take-out".
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: Free to good home... - 08/22/11 05:19 PM
Cool phone.. I have the exact phone in my master bathroom. Small and compact...I guess thats why it's called a Spacesaver. GTE supplied service in Sarasota for years.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help