atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TeletypeJoe Beige 760A - 10/18/11 04:37 AM
Hi again,

I am almost complete in the polishing of my beige 760A speaker. It is date stamped 3/1961. I dawned on me the other day as I was working on it, that the thing is fifty years old. It struck me sorta like a brick upside the head, considering that all I need to do is connect it to a 55A control apparatus, and it would work for another 50 years. Not that it would not have worked otherwise, it simply would not have been as shiny.

Then my cellphone rang, and wondered how many months more it will work (it is three years old and on its last legs). I guess that this post is an open thought... it seems that at one time, we were just about to become undefeatable in the communication technology department. Then, without anyone being awake in the wee hours of the morning, cheap foreign engineered and manufactured plastic junk jumped off of the container vessels and invaded our country, and now we are drowning in an ocean of throwaway crap that will work just long enough to see the next wave of cheap, poorly made plastic junk wash ashore.

Joe
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Beige 760A - 10/18/11 07:32 PM
55B
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help