atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: godfather Displaying phones - 07/02/13 06:00 PM
I was looking for some advice on the best way to display my collection. I know that's a loaded question, but my collection consists of mostly 2500 and 256x series desk phones. Anything else that I have will fit in the same footprint.

What works best? Shelving? Cabinets?

Thanks...Lou
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Displaying phones - 07/03/13 12:39 AM
Lou, where are you going to display them. Home, office, etc.
That will help to ans your question .
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Displaying phones - 07/03/13 12:45 PM
[Linked Image from atcaonline.com]

I use plain white shelf material, supported by brackets, or "assemble-it-yourself" white book shelf units from Home Depot. The one in the picture was a dump find that seemed to work for a traveling display. It's about 3' by 5' by 10" deep.
Posted By: godfather Re: Displaying phones - 07/03/13 12:51 PM
They will be displayed at home. I do have plenty of wall space in my downstairs rooms.
Posted By: godfather Re: Displaying phones - 07/03/13 12:54 PM
Nice Arthur...love that pink.

I'm not too much of a phone nerd, but in the movie "Midnight Cowboy" there is one of those pink 565 keysets. smile
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Displaying phones - 07/03/13 06:00 PM
Really? I will have to check that out and add it to my "phones in the movies" spreadsheet. There was a pink 565 in the film "Bye Bye Birdie" starring Ann Margret, who waltzed around the room holding and talking on the phone. I seem to recall that the line 1 lamp was lit, but the phone had a 25' pink 4-conductor cord, not the standard 25-pair one.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help