atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MooreTel LA7B Loudspeaker, Amplifier - 03/31/14 07:51 PM
My mother was cleaning out and came across this LA7B Loudspeaker, amplifier made by Marsland Engineering that my dad had from his PBX days.

It has a plug for 110 vac power supply and another cord for the connections with one heavy green wire (ground?), 2 black and 2 silver leads. This was used in 1A2 applications.

I don't find a wiring chart in dad's PBX manual.

Anyone know how to hook this up?
Posted By: Silversam Re: LA7B Loudspeaker, Amplifier - 04/02/14 12:38 PM
Dave,

I'm not familiar with that product. Could you post a picture?

The only speaker with a 110 power cord that we ever used was a "loud bell" - an amplified speaker energized by a relay that was activated by ringing current. Wheelock made the ones down here.

Sam
Posted By: MooreTel Re: LA7B Loudspeaker, Amplifier - 04/02/14 01:16 PM
I'll try to get to it today with and without the cover.

It's not a bell, it's a 35 watt amplified speaker, wall mounted normally.

Maybe this will help to identify it...

Dimensions are 9 1/2 x 9 1/2". 3" deep at the bottom, 6" at the top. there's a round chrome volume control button in the bottom right corner of it.

I'm sure you guys have seen them, probably made by a US company...even AT&T itself.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: LA7B Loudspeaker, Amplifier - 04/02/14 02:48 PM
[Linked Image from i149.photobucket.com]

Posted By: KENB Re: LA7B Loudspeaker, Amplifier - 04/02/14 03:42 PM
If you google Marsland there is info on the Canadian company products and that it closed in 1969.

I think it located in Warerloo ,Ont.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: LA7B Loudspeaker, Amplifier - 04/02/14 04:28 PM
I did & I know, however these were made for Bell and Bell used them while I was there ('74 - '96). Probably old new stock. There has to be a spec in some bell manual somewhere. Can't see it in the photo but that's a Bell Canada logo in the lower left corner.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help