atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CNetworx Remote Phone & Paging - 06/11/11 01:50 PM
I had an Allworx 6 client call me the other day just wanting me to be involved before they purchase a warehouse across town. Let me know if am am wrong in my thinking please.

If they wish to add 1 phone & overhead paging in their future warehouse... will they need to add another Allworx at the remote site, upgrade to 7.2 & upgrade to Multi-site software to make all this happen?

I see the paging code is *4XX so that is what makes me think they will need to do the upgrades.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Remote Phone & Paging - 06/11/11 05:28 PM
Not necessarily. Check out the Valcom IP paging. https://www.valcom.com/default.htm
The Valcom support people should give you some good ideas.
You would have to check what the warehouse will have for a network and what they will have for internet at that warehouse. If you get involved you can set it up right.

I don't have any first hand experience on this set-up myself. However, I did some research on it about two years ago, and according to the Valcom people it works pretty slick.

When your customer starts putting more phones in---then they can upgrade to another 6x.
Posted By: CNetworx Re: Remote Phone & Paging - 06/16/11 12:15 PM
Thanks JW. Not sure what the client will do but I had a centrex extention setup as a temp solution.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help