atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NetTechs Allworx 6X parking and Paging Problem - 07/05/13 01:06 PM
Recently one of our older installations has starting experience an odd problem where the call is parked and the receptionist page is heard by the parked caller? The software version is 7.1.xx, can't remember exactly, but it was working fine until several weeks ago. The Firewall is also unchanged for years. No new phones have been added either.

Your insights would be most appreciated.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Allworx 6X parking and Paging Problem - 07/08/13 12:53 PM
I've got no insights to speak of, but some overall ideas.

I'd rely on "Trouble-Shooting 101"---
1. Try to isolate when this happens, what extensions are having trouble, look at the events log to see what the system is doing, look at possible user error of any kind.
2. If nothing can be found---try replacing the phone.
3. Keep in mind that software upgrades can cure "goofy" things. I am a firm believer now, of selling the 4-yr software upgrade option. Software upgrades can really save you and the customer alot of frustration time. The release papers that Allworx publishes have all sorts of events that they take care of in various release versions. Sometimes, there are complicated scenarios that bring about certain system behaviors that are unwanted. It's hard to understand, sometimes---but a software upgrade fixes it---and that's the most important thing.

It's all part of the IP phone world now--and something that I've just accepted after all my years of trying to fight it. Good luck and keep us in the loop. Let us know how things turn out.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help