atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: voodoo_ca Allworx 9212 and handset static - 04/25/14 11:09 AM
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has experience with static in the handset when you are talking. Its almost like the microphone is picking up excess noise. When I search for static, most of the threads I find reference static IP addresses. People are having a hard time talking because the static comes into your ear almost immediately after you say something, so it becomes hard to concentrate. It seems to get louder when you turn up the handset volume.
I am also finding that people are having a hard time hearing us talking - I usually thought this was on the receiving end, but to some extent it has to relate to what the phone on your end picks up when you are talking.
I have checked 4 phones and they all seem to have the same static issue - wondering if its system or line related instead of allworx 9212 related.
I am not using a VOIP system, just analog lines that run into the allworx system.

6x with Current version: 7.1.8.1
I have 10 handsets on the system - all 9212
I switched from a traditional Toshiba system - Had all the data lines already installed for my computers and added the Allworx system from there. I only had the analog lines moved to a better position to work with the 6x.

Thanks
Chad
Posted By: brokeda Re: Allworx 9212 and handset static - 04/25/14 03:48 PM
Check lines at DeMarc with Butt Set?

Check Loop Current?
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Allworx 9212 and handset static - 04/26/14 02:38 AM
I agree with Brokeda...it sounds like a line issue.

1. What kind of lines? Are these copper analog lines or are they coming in through a T-1, or cable circuit then using an EMTA of some sort to give you the analog lines.

2. How far away are the lines d-marked from the Allworx. There is a "short loop" setting in the programming.

3. If you trouble shoot the lines---do all the lines act goofy or is it just certain lines.

4 When did this start? Was there something that changed at the time?

5. You mentioned volume. Make sure the phone handsets are set at no more than 3 or 4. The volume on the speaker and on the handsets go from minus 10 to zero to plus 10. Plus 6 or 7 are really over-modulating.

6. Is there a lot of ambient noise in your areas?
Posted By: JohnIdaho Re: Allworx 9212 and handset static - 12/12/17 07:34 PM
yes to all the suggestions. I would check and see if the static is on more than one line. Usually if you have static it is on one line
Posted By: dexman Re: Allworx 9212 and handset static - 12/13/17 12:37 AM
This topic is over three years old. Best not to dig up topics that are "long in the tooth". Locking this topic down.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help