atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: openwire Definity - 07/06/01 10:38 PM
O.K.,y'all tell me what you think of this system and how difficult is it to maintain.I have to add a T1 to one next week,so anything you know would be appreciated.This is the one that hangs on the wall.I beleive it is a Prologix.
Bruce

[This message has been edited by openwire (edited 07-06-2001).]
Posted By: dtmf Re: Definity - 07/07/01 12:49 PM
They are as easy to maintain as the rest of the Lucent systems. Go over your programming for the T1 and make sure you have it match what they are sending you. Other than that its just testing when you hook it up.
Posted By: openwire Re: Definity - 07/07/01 01:39 PM
want to tell me how to program one?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Definity - 07/08/01 12:36 PM
Bruce
It depends on how you are going to set it up.
There are related programs. Don't you have a manual ? If not I would suggest you get one.
It would be hard for me to explain not knowing how they are going to use it. The manual would guide you right through it as they are pretty easy to understand. Your a smart lad, If you can understand Nortel, Lucent will be a snap for you [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Try this link it might help you.
https://support.avaya.com/comsys/definity/prologix/
Russ

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited 07-08-2001).]
Posted By: openwire Re: Definity - 07/08/01 01:52 PM
No manuals,and I have to do this Tuesday morning at 3am.The only info I have is the customer address.This is a contract job and is very important to get correct.One of those deals where "if you do not take this job,we may have to find someone else to cover that area".I am about ready to tell them to kiss my butt.
They are changing carriers,so I am hoping that the new T1 matches the old one(yeah,right!!!!).
Posted By: dtmf Re: Definity - 07/08/01 08:37 PM
Bruce
If all they are doing is changing carriers, all you should have to do is switch the T1 at the de-mark and you should be done.That is if the CO. does thier job right. If there are DID's involved you can count on trouble.I've been working on a cut over for 3 months and they still can't get it right.I have both T1's going to the same trunk group so they can get local and long and DID. So don't fill alone.
It also sounds like they are not giving you very much info.
Russ
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help