atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Z-man ARS fix - 09/19/02 10:29 PM
I am looking for a short cut in ARS if possible. I have a customer with networked Legends. They reside in the same area code, but they are long distance from each other. To top it off, they have to use 10-digit dialing for long distance. When site A wants to call a local number in site B's area, they want to go over the span and call out using site B's local service. The ARS tables will be setup by prefix. So how do I tell the system when the customer dials 1-970-NNN, to route over the span(with NNN being my office codes). Not all 1-970+ numbers are going to route across the span. Some will stay on switch A and make a long distance call.
Posted By: dialtone Re: ARS fix - 09/23/02 12:19 PM
What about switch B -- are they going to make ld calls to switch A's area or do they also want to use their local service?
Posted By: Z-man Re: ARS fix - 09/24/02 08:12 AM
Yes, both switches want to take advantage of using the point to point T-1 to route calls. This way, long distance calls can be mostly eliminated, and everybody gets to make local calls. It would be a piece of cake if they had different area codes, but I never tried to do anything within the same area code using different office prefixes.
Posted By: dialtone Re: ARS fix - 09/28/02 09:23 AM
Have you found a solution to your local calling?
Posted By: Z-man Re: ARS fix - 09/28/02 09:08 PM
still searching. I could make them just dial the number as a local call, but that would be confusing because we will not program all the numbers in. Just the ones that are used most often. Anyone got any ideas?
Posted By: Z-man Re: ARS fix - 10/05/02 10:17 PM
According to my sources, I can use 6-digit ARS tables to do this. The first entry is the area code, and the successive entries are the office codes. I will try it and let you know.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help