atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: eduncan911 Questions about VMS - 11/26/02 09:11 AM
Currently have a Partner II v4.1 and Partner Messaging Rev 1.0 4port (45-49) as voice mail.

My questions are:

How can I setup 3 digit extensions to forward to system handsets when a caller dials? The current "call forward" option only ranges from 10-57.

How can I setup a handset to receive a forward from several mailboxes, but if no one answers, return the call to the mailbox of the original extension dialed?

How do you setup the "Direct Dial" feature to let you dial 3 digits? Currently a "172" extension goes to x17.

The setup is we have around 35 employees, but only 20 or so handsets. Many employees share a common phone near them. Every employee is required to have their own mailbox.

This would be a simple task if everyone had a phone at they desk, but they do not.

Thanks in advance,
Eric
Posted By: eduncan911 Re: Questions about VMS - 11/26/02 09:14 AM
Another setup I was considering is giving everyone in the cubicle area a two digit extension, about our physical port number (50-99). Because 14 or so handsets are in offices, they can have their mailboxes.

This did not work either, as I still can not forward calls from x58 and above to system handsets.

Thanks,
Eric
Posted By: dtmf Re: Questions about VMS - 11/26/02 11:25 AM
Put the stations in a group and have the the call go to the last voice mail in the group if unanswered.
Use selector codes to direct calls to the groups.
You can give users a mailbox even if they don't have a phone , the only thing is that they will not know if they have messages unless they check.
Hope this helps
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help