atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a Merlin Plus 820D that is giving me fits. I just adminstered another unit last month, so I think I am doing it right. I purchased the unit with all four cards (8 lines and 20 stations). I removed one of each card as they were not needed for this application. The system appears to be working in that the two lines, 8 stations, and aux port are working. There is no warning light. I have not tried paging or MOH. I am using a BIS-22D for administering. When I am plugged into station 10 with the switch on the phone set to 'P' and press the 'Admin Button' or #49, I get no response and the screen displays the word 'BLANK' as thought the button is not programmed. I have tried both station boards to no avail. I have also tried other style phones to no avail. I have tried removing and re-seating the module at the top of the unit to no avail.

Although the unit appears to be working in the default state, I would like to be able to administer the lines and extensions without walking to each one or sitting by the control unit and plugging into each one.

Any ideas?
Try #01 and see if that works.
You may have a merlin plus R1. Try #01 to enter admin.

If i remember correctly if it does not have a busy buster jack it is an R1 if it has a busy buster jack it is an R2

Don
Wow you guys are fast. I went looking at the Avaya site and realized they had two different manuals. I downloaded the R1 manual after I realized I had two different control units. I came back here to post my embarrasing discovery and found the two replies that were exactly correct.

Thanks for your quick response.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help