atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: personnel crossing of lines on AT&T MLS-12D phones - 03/02/04 07:33 AM
We operate only 2 lines in our offices. Any conversation on line 1 can be heard on line 2 with lots of static. What can we do to keep both lines from interfering with each other? What could be wrong with our partner communications system??
Posted By: Z-man Re: crossing of lines on AT&T MLS-12D phones - 03/02/04 07:55 AM
sounds like the lines are shorted. What type of cards do you have? If you have extra line ports, move your lines to those and see what happens.
Posted By: dtmf Re: crossing of lines on AT&T MLS-12D phones - 03/02/04 09:05 AM
I would move the line as Z-man posted. Also make sure that you have the stations set to Privacy program #304.
The problem could also be with the incomming lines themselves.You should contact your local telephone service provider to see if the trouble is their cables.
Posted By: paul144 Re: crossing of lines on AT&T MLS-12D phones - 03/03/04 06:04 AM
Jusy as a side note, I don't know if this is industry wide, but up here in Maine, the provider will almost never admit responsibility unless you can show them irrefutable proof.
I've come close to fist fights at vender meets, you could prove that the fault is on there side till you are blue in the face and they still wont admit it.
You can take 2 single line phones; unplug your line cords from the partner and plug them into the single line phones. If you still have the trouble; the problem is service provider. If you have no trouble then you will need to replace the partner card. What type partner/module do you have?

[This message has been edited by dialtone (edited March 03, 2004).]
Posted By: JBW Re: crossing of lines on AT&T MLS-12D phones - 03/04/04 01:41 AM
I would check my inside wiring to be certain that it is cat 3 or better. Also I would use an ohm meter to check each pair for ground and cross batery. The static seems to indicate bad insulation or corrosion at a jack or mod plug. I'm sure you realize this type of trouble could be anywhere from the phone to the service provider's central office.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help